The Project Controls Analyst, Sr. is part of the Project Management team responsible for executing engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning/transition to Operations of green hydrogen plant infrastructure and plays an integral role in ensuring the success of the projects. This role will focus on schedule or cost management, or a combination of both depending on the skillset and interests of the analyst. In the role of Project Controls Analyst, Sr., you will develop, maintain, and publish Project Controls deliverables.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitating schedule and budget workshops to develop/refine detailed project schedules and estimates.
- Meet with the project team and stakeholders to ensure project schedules and project cost control reports are updated regularly.
- Implementing Project Controls reporting and invoicing requirements for major engineering and construction subcontracts.
- Cross-functional efforts to support progress reporting from internal and external sources for various levels of the organization.
- Provides detailed project schedules for project and program-level cost control reports, major construction contract cost reports, and ad-hoc status reports.
- Assists in Control Estimate preparation.
- Supports development of project plans and project change order preparation.
- Assists in project change order preparation and contract/purchase change order processes.
- Provides support for document control, procurement status reporting, contracts and subcontracts management, and facilitation of invoice approval process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant cost controls or scheduling experience.
- Primavera P6 scheduling experience (Microsoft Project experience is a plus, as it is widely used for sub-schedule development internally and by subcontractors).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills for cost reporting.
- Knowledge of engineering, supply chain, and construction processes.
- Ability to work on multiple complex project efforts at a time.
- Sound business sense with the flexibility to modify processes or procedures to achieve goals as information changes and project events unfold.
- Skilled at building relationships and influencing team members at all levels of the organization, including at the senior levels.
- Ability to effectively accomplish goals working with field-based and remote team members.
- Work experience in Hydrogen and/or fuel cells, renewable energy, cryogenic industry, High Pressure Systems, gas processing and/or dispensing equipment, oil and gas, CNG, LNG, etc., or pharmaceuticals strongly preferred.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What’s more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today’s world of work – it’s about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you’re looking for from your next role.
To apply for this job please visit www.petroplan.com.