LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 55970
Why you should join us:
Do you have the ability to lead medium to large sized cross-functional project teams to safely, reliably, cost effectively and efficiently execute project scope? If you like to build a highly engaged team and work to motivate and empower others, this is for you! In this role, you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for hands- on experience, leading and working as part of an integrated project team through project execution.
You will use your expertise to:
- Integrate project activities, plans, and deliverables from all project disciplines, functions and stakeholders Lead work on large oil and gas capital projects, per the Project Execution Plan, through an integrated project team
- Ensure successful execution of work plans through effective delegation of work and appropriate follow-up Communicate transparently to build respect and trust within the project team
- Demonstrate sound decision-making with a cost-management and continuous improvement mindset, including identification of areas for improvement and sharing recommendations with your leaders to help facilitate change
- Capture and monitor project Key Performance Indicators throughout project execution and implement corrective action as required
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in response to a changing environment
- Provide meaningful and constructive feedback to members of the project team, and follow up on agreed upon outcomes
- Prioritize effectively by setting goals and expectations to ensure execution and operational discipline
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- A minimum of six years of work experience with increasing responsibility in various positions on large resource projects working for ownership organizations or for major contracting firms
- A diploma or university degree in engineering field
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in multi-disciplined environments (e.g. Civil, Process, Mechanical, and Electrical)
- A proven ability to model purposeful and visible world-class safety leadership
- Ability to use digital platform tools (Navis works, Autocad)
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Strong working knowledge in a number of PMBOK® Project Management Knowledge Areas Project Management Professional Designation
- Member of, or eligible to become a member of APEGA
- Operations or maintenance experience in an oil sands or refinery operating environment ( base plant Upgrader – Coker experience)
- Construction management, field engineering or field coordination experience with Cranes
- Interest in new technology and digital enhancements that can improve project delivery and execution
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W. Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs.
- Position will be Calgary based for initial design phase with travel to site.
- Travel is required and flexibility of work schedule
- A valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record (proof will be requested)
- We have numerous Employee Inclusion Networks who work together to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change at Suncor. Current networks include both Workplace Inclusion Networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship for different groups)
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don’t delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineering
To apply for this job please visit jobs.suncor.com.