Scottish Power Renewables are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join their team based in Glasgow.
Role: Senior Project Engineer (Civils)
Company: Scottish Power Renewables
Location: Scottish Power HQ Glasgow/Remote/On site
Duration: 6 month initial contract with scope of extension
Rate: PAYE and Umb options available
Experience in ICP works is prefered but not essential.
The Senior Civil Engineer will be responsible for the leading the Transport and Civil engineering activities to support the projects through the project delivery life cycle of concept, feasibility, consent, construction & commissioning across the Onshore business portfolio. Their role will focus on the development of the processes and procedures which form the construction strategy for the onshore renewable generation projects.
As a senior member of the team, they will mentor engineers through professional training and development as well as supporting the organic growth of the Transport and Civil Engineering resource within the team. The position may require periods where the individual is site based within the UK.
Collaborate with Global Technical Services and Operations teams to provide feedback and improvement process on Transport and Civil Engineering aspects of projects.
Take proactive responsibility for H&S and Environmental behaviours within the team to ensure high standards are achieved and maintained.
Contribute to the identification & management of technical risks, issues & impacts of projects.
Assist the Head of EngineeringLead Project Delivery Engineer with resource assessment appointment of additional resources to support delivery of the responsibilities of the role. Provide input and support and guidance to additional engineering resources to ensure that they perform effectively.
Assist with the delivery of Transport and Civil Engineering, strategies, standards, and specifications within SPR.
Ensure the identification, resolution, management of technical risks, issues and impacts to projects to mitigate hazards during their construction and operation.
Responsible for Civil Engineering support to the Development team for new sites, repowering existing sites and due diligence of potential acquisitions to ensure that transport, construction, and site infrastructure risk are appropriately managed.
- Degree qualification in Civil Engineering or equivelant
- Experience in supporting development & construction phases of large-scale industrial projects
- Experience of Renewables / Power Generation industry
- Health & Safety management skills (NEBOSH preferred)
- Good working knowledge of industry standards, design and installation codes of practice and regulations
- Excellent working knowledge of National standards, associated with the Civil Engineering requirements of the infrastructure for renewable generation projects
- Excellent technical report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work to tight project deadlines
To apply for this job please visit www.morson.com.
Be the first to comment