- Vacancy information
Senior Project Engineer
We are Seaway7, a diverse group of team players, change makers and leaders in the delivery of fixed offshore wind projects. What we do makes a difference to our planet and the future, by bringing sustainable, renewable energy to the world.
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer to join our team in our Oslo, Zoetermeer or Leer office on a staff or contract basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on some of the world’s largest current and upcoming Offshore Windfarm projects in Europe and the USA for our Business Unit 2. You will be supporting engineering scopes across Foundations, Cables and EPIC projects- with the opportunity to be involved in tendering for large scale offshore wind projects.
What you will be doing
- Prepare project specific drawings, procedures (e.g. installation procedures, task risk assessment, work methods, etc.) for the projects and tenders.
- Preparing scopes for subcontracts and review and evaluate subcontracts.
- Review, prepare planning for project preparation and execution.
- Act as a senior counterpart for the Project Manager, Project Teams and other Stakeholders.
- Guide Project Engineers with complex technical matters.
- Operationally assist with project execution preparations/processes
- Identify and arrange project equipment/materials requirements.
- Prepare and arrange for all administrative tasks on project base, as required.
- Participate in offshore jobs as part of the operation team.
What you will bring to the team
It’s the commitment and enthusiasm of our people that gives us our energy to create change and make an impact for the future. And we want you to bring your personality, skills and experience, powering us to be leaders in fixed offshore wind.
- A higher technical education in structural engineering, mechanical engineering, marine technology, naval architecture or similar at BSc or MSc level.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience within Oil & Gas or Renewables industry, e.g. subsea cables- and/or flexible pipe / umbilical installation, marine operations and heavy lifting / foundations installation.
- Thorough knowledge of working methods, planning and risk analysis
- Knowledge of standards and relevant rules and regulations for the offshore industry and installation projects.
- Resourceful and problem-solving abilities.
- A team leader with practical approach and good communication skills
At times, there may be specific qualifications we’re looking for, but we also recognise the power of transferrable skills, so if you feel you have some of the relevant skills and experience we’re looking for, we want to hear from you.
What we can offer you
We offer the opportunity to create a future to be proud of, for generations to come. Whatever the role, wherever the location, everyone plays a part.
And when we say everyone, we mean everyone. Because we believe that it’s our team spirit that makes us special. Whether we’re getting stuck in, overcoming a challenge, or celebrating a success, we always do it together.
Alongside this, we’re continually creating the environment for you to be at your best – in and outside of work. This includes:
- Career development – access to a range of learning opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development.
- Flexible working – everyone has commitments, responsibilities and passions outside of work. With a range of patterns available including hybrid, part-time or flexitime working, let’s discuss how we make time for what matters to you.
- A holistic benefits package – we pride ourselves in offering a wide range of benefits that support your financial, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
The next steps
To apply for this role, simply click the ‘Apply’ button found on this page.
You may be prompted to set up a profile with us. It’s quick and easy to do. Or, if you have already created a profile with us, simply log in and submit your application.
Here are 3 top tips to help you submit an application:
- Make sure your CV is up-to-date and highlights the transferable skills and experience you can bring to this role.
- Include a cover letter as part of your application. It’s your chance to tell us why you would be a brilliant addition to our team.
- Take your time with your application and check there are no errors such as spelling mistakes.
Once you have submitted your application, we will be in touch as soon as possible with next steps.
To find out more about Seaway7, please visit our website.
You can also follow us on our social channels, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.