Start date: ASAP
Projects: Offshore structures
My client is a leading EPCI solutions provider when it comes to offshore structural design, fabrication and installation. As they expand operations in Norway, they seek to make the acquisition of a Senior Purchaser on a permanent basis.
The correct candidate will be rewarded with an exciting / challenging role, super benefits package and a long-term role in which they can progress their career.
As a Senior Purchaser, you will be responsible for managing the procurement process of materials and related supplies. You will collaborate closely with suppliers, internal stakeholders, and project teams to ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery of materials while maintaining the highest standards of quality. Your expertise in purchasing, negotiation, and supply chain management will be critical in driving efficiency and maximizing value for our organization.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies and policies to optimize the sourcing and purchasing of materials and related supplies.
- Identify, evaluate, and select suppliers based on their capabilities, quality standards, pricing, and delivery performance.
- Negotiate and establish favourable terms and conditions with suppliers, including pricing, payment terms, lead times, and service level agreements.
- Collaborate with project teams, engineers, and stakeholders to understand project requirements and ensure timely procurement of materials.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify new suppliers, products, and cost-saving opportunities.
- Manage supplier relationships, including regular performance evaluations, resolving issues, and promoting continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the logistics team to coordinate timely delivery of materials, ensuring adherence to project timelines and specifications.
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance department to establish and maintain supplier quality control processes, including inspections and audits.
- Implement and maintain an efficient procurement system, ensuring accurate and up-to-date records of purchases, contracts, and supplier information.
- Monitor and control procurement budgets, track costs, and implement cost-saving initiatives without compromising quality or delivery timelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency gains in procurement operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Purchasing or Procurement professional, preferably in the marine engineering or related industry.
- Familiarity with marine aluminium materials, fabrication processes, and industry specifications.
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills, with a track record of achieving cost savings and favourable contractual terms.
- Proficiency in using procurement software and tools to manage sourcing, contracts, and supplier relationships.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with strong attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in managing procurement budgets, tracking costs, and implementing cost control measures.
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken), knowledge of Norwegian is a plus.
On offer is a competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications, along with opportunities for professional growth and advancement. If you are passionate about marine engineering, offshore structures, and driving successful projects in a dynamic and challenging environment, my client would love to hear from you.
Please contact Thomas Williams at Leap29 to find out more information or to apply for this role. firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit digital.leap29.com.