Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Own large sized tasks or small projects and delivers QE artifacts. Manages deliverables and mentors junior team members.
- Contribute in driving initiatives such as defining coding standards and processes to ensure quality code is produced.
- Appropriately reuse existing code wherever possible; drives same behaviors across team while coaching other developers to improve their code quality.
- Develop and enhance the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams at the COE.
- Determine testing best practices and principals and promotes them across the organization.
- Be an expert in developing and executing maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
- Be skilled at developing code for other developers to learn from.
- Be skilled in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process.
- Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions.
- Provide functional and technical expertise in bug fixes.
- Act as an expert in the quality engineering, manages test plans and testing methodology for software projects.
- Uses test automation techniques (data driven, pairwise, mocking, test hooks) that fit the problem space. Understands designing and coding for testability to produce quality code with the lowest cost.
- Bachelor’s Degree. A minimum 6 years of professional experience.
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Influences through others; builds direct and “behind the scenes” support for ideas
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.