Senior Reservoir Engineer
Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
A Reservoir Engineer uses data and leading Schlumberger software products and solutions to create reservoir models that help clients make decisions that deliver safer, optimized, long-term production for each reservoir. You’ll evaluate the production potential of a reservoir by simulating fluid flow phase behaviour and reservoir physical properties. You’ll do this as part of multi-disciplinary teams that often include the client’s experts collaborating with you to deliver the most accurate results possible. We work with an unparalleled number of clients, which means you’ll get a unique understanding of the industry and a huge diversity of situations to put your skills to test while expanding your knowledge. Software is a large part of this role. If you choose to, you will help clients implement our products, services and solutions and using your expertise to ensure their complex engineering and data challenges are met. It’s a role that requires a true passion for harnessing technological advances to solve tangible challenges. Your work will often be validated with actual reservoir data, so every project is an opportunity to develop your skills and improve your work. You’ll draw on multiple disciplines and expertise from across our business to create and implement the solutions that make a difference to clients and extend the limits of what’s possible in our industry.
- Provide technical assistance and training to clients on products related to the area of expertise.
- Explore opportunities for value-added products and services.
- Evaluate technical viability and overall appraisal of tenders and write technical proposals as related to the area of expertise.
- Independently carry out history matching and field development planning studies for clients to optimize production; identify, evaluate, and initiate exploitation opportunities including new drill wells and workovers; prepare production forecasts, operating plans, expenditure forecasts, etc. and evaluate economic models for asset valuations and budget preparation.
- Able to conduct asset evaluations, carry out field and reservoir studies as part of an integrated team and perform reservoir engineering functions including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, economic analyses, etc.
- Mentor and assist as needed in the professional development of less experienced staff.
- Participate in external technical societies and communities.
- Engage with local universities, customer institutes and research organizations.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Petroleum Engineering or Reservoir Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of reservoir engineering experience, with a technical proficiency in all areas of reservoir engineering.
- Must have good presentation, communication, and technical writing skills.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter interested in working in a team-oriented environment that delivers high quality, comprehensive, well-planned work product.
- Willing to work in Kuala Lumpur and open to international travels.
- Experience of working independently in several field development planning projects.
- Good level of experience in reservoir simulation, uncertainty & optimization, PVT and SCAL analysis, material balance, production technology techniques, and static to dynamic modelling integration.
- Familiarity with petroleum/reservoir engineering software packages including ECLIPSE, Petrel, PIPESIM (or equivalent), MBAL, etc.
- Awareness of geology and geophysics, wireline log interpretation, and economics.
- Early career experience in field operations with exposure to production and drilling activities will be preferred.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Please be vigilant to fraudulent activity if you receive a communication or e-mail regarding potential employment, or an invitation to submit applications to a public email address, supposedly from Schlumberger. Please do not send money or pass any personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with us. We will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process. For more information please visit: https://careers.slb.com/fraud
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.