Reference No. CV66
Reference Number: CV66
Our client, a global emerging miner is seeking a Senior Resource Geologist who will be responsible for the development, maintenance and updating of the mine’s resource block models and 3D resource databases. The incumbent will be responsible for updating and providing industry standard documentation of annual Mineral Resources and assist in the determination and optimization of the extraction of Mineral Reserves. Furthermore, the incumbent will provide geological services to operations, addressing both underground and open pit requirements, along with providing leadership within the geology department, particularly as it relates to estimation of mineral resources, reserves and optimizing extraction of mineral resources.
- The Senior Resource Geologist will apply knowledge of geology, mining, mineralogy, metallurgy, mill recovery, and geostatistics to develop mineral resource and mineral reserve block model estimates, including short term production models, in compliance with industry and governmental (NI 43-101) best practice standards.
- Complete regular geological and grade wireframes, block models and resource estimates by using geological modelling and geostatistical software (as required).
- Audit and perform adequate quality control checks of various, current drill hole and geological databases within the software programs being used.
- Make recommendations for additional diamond drilling or geological interpretation to ensure ore body resource estimates meet resource/reserve classifications.
- Provide open pit mining and stope reconciliations, dilution estimates, grade forecasting and grade blending.
- Participate with Engineering, Exploration and Operations in short and long-term mine planning.
- Assist Independent QP’s and consultants in the timely completion of 43-101 Technical Reports, Scoping Studies, Pre-Feasibility and Feasibility Study reports related to any of the company’s resources.
- This role reports into the Mineral Resources Manager
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum 15 years in production and exploration geology.
- B.Sc. in Geology is the minimum requirement.
- Experience in block modelling and resource estimation practices.
- Experience in database management, QA/QC and geological modelling.
- Base metals experience is critical.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent opportunity
- Residential preferred, FIFO optional
- Competitive annual package
- Accommodation provided (Guesthouse)
- Transport provided
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.camining.com or www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Christo van der Ham
Recruitment Consultant – Team Lead Oil & Gas
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
To apply for this job please visit www.caglobalint.com.