- Vacancy information
Based within the Global Project Centre & Asia Pacific region, of Subsea 7 Suresnes office, you will be specialising in the design and analysis of offshore pipelines. Under guidance from a Lead or Principal Engineer, the Rigid Pipeline Engineer will provide design engineering analyses to study, projects and/or tendering engineering activities.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Provides specialist skills in key areas of subsea pipeline engineering, including mechanical and integrity calculations for offshore pipelines according to relevant design codes.
- Independently evaluates, organizes and prioritises his/her work, providing regular feedback to the Lead / Discipline Manager on workload and requests for additional support.
- Has responsibility for production of his/her own deliverables and responsibility over packages, which may include rigid pipeline in-place design calculations, specifications, material take-off, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Understands clients’ needs; identifies and addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions by proposing innovative solutions that enable cost & risks reduction.
- Understands the interfaces or the discipline scope within project environment.
- Actively participates to tender/project risk assessment and assess mitigation.
- Represents the Company in meetings/correspondence with Clients, subcontractors, 3rd parties, etc. in a technical capacity.
- Interfaces with Supply Chain Engineers and Product lines for adequate procurement of line pipe and other products.
- Provides engineering assistance during mobilisation and occasional periods of offshore or site working where required.
- Actively participates in training to pursue their continuing professional development.
- Train and mentor junior and Graduate engineers
- Participates to discipline continuous improvements and creates, develops and/or validates tools.
- Operates within standardised engineering policies, processes and systems in the Business Management System (BMS) and Knowledge Management Centre guidelines.
- Fosters external interface and stakeholders’ network with subcontractors and suppliers for engineering and procurement activities
- Collaborates closely with internal stakeholders such as Project Engineering Managers Engineering Discipline Managers Other Engineering Departments and Engineering
- project personnel, Supply Chain Management and HSEQ project personnel onsite missions, Offshore Managers and Supervisors
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- The Role would suit a candidate from a range of backgrounds including Pipeline, Mechanical, Structural Engineers.
- Prioritise, organise and deliver work to deadlines set by management
- Presents self in a professional manner appropriate to the role
- Produces work of presentable quality
- Can effectively work as a team member across multiple projects.
- Sound communication skills in English.
Desirable Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of subsea pipeline design, fracture mechanics or finite element analyses acquired on-the job or via a PhD
- Engineering experience within the Subsea industry
- MSc or PhD in STEM subject
- Previous experience with Python coding and data analysis
Membership to a relevant Professional body
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.