We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Halliburton Sr. Scientist, Principal Scientist or Scientific Advisor, depending on the experiences and background, for LWD Electromagnetic (EM) resistivity tool development, modeling, and inversion.
Under minimum supervision, the employee will perform the following tasks, including
- Sensitivity studies using numerical modeling codes for tool development, inversion studies
- ML algorithms to improve the inversion performance
- Numerical modeling studies using in-house or commercial modeling software
The employee will be able to perform the following tasks independently:
- Detailed documentation from presentations, reports, and disclosures
- Novel ideas to address a new or challenging issue and document in a disclosure
- Communicate issues, progress and proposed ideas to supervisors and project managers daily and weekly
- Must be familiar with MATLAB or Python or Julia
- Knowledge of FORTRAN codes
- C #, C is plus
Must have experience on inversion algorithms or EM resistivity concept
- Inversion algorithms including but not limited to: MCMC, deterministic inversion, etc.
- EM resistivity concepts:
- Experience on 1D, 2D or 3D numerical modeling development
- Experience on numerical modeling methods including but not limited to FDTD, FEM, IE, etc.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software including but not limited to CST, HFSS, COMSOL, etc.
- ML or AI experience is plus
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Science, Engineering or similar discipline, and 4 years of related experience
- Completion of a masters or PHD in Science or Engineering is preferred
Candidates having qualification that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Senior Scientist Physics, Principal Scientist Physics, up to an Advisor Scientific Physics
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 171449
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.halliburton.com.