We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Halliburton invites qualified candidates to apply for R&D scientist/advisor roles with Signal Processing Center of Excellence (COE) in Singapore. We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. Experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunities of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry. This position provides an opportunity to participate in a strategic research and development program shaping the industry’s future technology. The Sensor Physics and Signal Processing CoE at Halliburton encourages a culture of continued learning, inventing, and innovating by bringing together a diverse group of top-notch scientists and engineers. Our goal is to continuously grow the group’s core expertise in the area of Logging-while-drilling electromagnetic sensing physics, algorithms for signal processing, high-dimensional modeling and inversion, high-performance and real-time applications, and artificial intelligence.
- A subject matter expert in LWD Electromagnetic tool development, modeling, and inversion
- Conducting research and development with the following tasks, including:
- Sensitivity studies using numerical modeling codes for tool development, inversion studies
- ML algorithm to improve the inversion performance
- Numerical modeling studies using in-house or commercial modeling software.
- Detailed documentation from presentations, reports, and disclosures.
- Novel ideas to address a new or challenging issue and document in a disclosure.
- Develop creative/innovative solutions and new technology.
- Serve as a mentor to junior technical staff personnel.
- Communicate issues, progress, and proposed ideas to supervisors and project managers regularly
Required Education and Skills:
- An MS or Ph.D. in physics, mechanical engineering, electrical/electronic engineering, or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in numerical analysis in either MatLab or Python.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Fortran codes. C#/C is a plus.
- Proficient in inversion algorithms (including MCMC, deterministic inversion, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of EM resistivity concepts are required:
- Experience in 1D, 2D, or 3D numerical modeling development
- Experience with numerical modeling methods including but not limited to FDTD, FEM, IE, etc.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software including but not limited to CST, HFSS, COMSOL, etc.
- Experience in ML/AI is a plus.
- Demonstrated teamwork, strong communication skills, and collaboration in complex projects.
- Knowledge of digital circuit design, mixed-signal circuit design, or signal conditioning design is a plus.
**Candidates having qualifications that exceed job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
315 Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Singapore, Singapore, 639940, Singapore
Requisition Number: 134222
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Global R&D
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.halliburton.com.