- Vacancy information
Subsea 7 has an exciting oportunity opening in the Paris offices! The SCM department is hiring a Senior SCM Engineer in charge of Fabrication and EHTF (Electrically Heat Traced Flowline). In fact, the fabrication experience in your application is mandatory.
In order to be considered for this role, a Fabrication experience is essential.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
- Team member of the SCM Category Team in charge of Fabrication and EHTF (Electrically Heat Traced Flowline)
- Manage market consultations and negotiations with suppliers for all GPC & AP Tenders
- Manage final negotiations and preparation of fabrication subcontracts for the awarded GPC & AP Projects.
- Develop commercial expertise in the fabrication and EHTF category.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
Fabrication Category Support
- Participate in sourcing new fabrication suppliers.
- Maintain/develop benchmark and knowledge of cost drivers.
- Capture and implement lessons learnt derived from projects and tenders
- Develop relationship with suppliers
- Develop knowledge of key suppliers (organization, processes, plants, …)
- Propose all improvement for reduction of costs and lead time.
- Identify and manage key supplier interfaces.
- Support SCM Tender Lead by driving the RFQ process in order to timely obtain the required details for the assigned RFQ and issue it in line with the strategy defined by the SCM Category Manager and the SCM Tender Lead.
- Propose alternative suppliers and specifications based on cost effectiveness
- Challenge Engineering requirement and spare philosophy
- Propose the Tender Suppliers Bidders List based on Company and Subsea 7 approved Suppliers Lists and based on approved SCM strategy within the Tender.
- Perform commercial and contractual analysis, schedule evaluation of bids and “Total Cost Of Ownership” based recommendation with related buy out or cost increase depending on evaluation of the market evolution.
- Coordinate with in-house departments to ensure all requirements are included in pre-qualification and tender documents – including flowdown -and prepare/issue the Request for Quotation to the suppliers of the Bidders lists.
- Perform commercial and contractual analysis, schedule evaluation of bids, and incorporate technical evaluation from Engineering, QA, QC & HSE.
- Finalise the bid summary and make recommendations to the Project SCM Manager and to the Project Manager for technically acceptable solutions.
- Perform commercial negotiation and ensure the best deal for Subsea 7.
- Write the subcontract with selected supplier.
- Prepare the Supplier Commitment Approval (SCA) and the contractual deviation matrix.
- Initiate & expedite the PR & PO approval process in SAP.
- Ensure Contract Signature in Docusign
- Prepare the kick-off meeting with the selected supplier.
- Hand-over to the SCM Engineer in charge of the management of the post award phase and to the Fabrication Team who will execute the contract.
Post Award Management
- Is the single Point of Contact with the Supplier and act as “PO Owner” up to delivery to the site team
- Coordinate all Suporting activities with Engineering and QHSE.
- When dealing with Category related PO, report to Category Lead for any evolution of the PO
- During Kick off Meetings with Supplier, ensuring that instructions related to Vendor documentation and to the administration of the Award are clearly explained and understood.
- Implement PO Cards and Progress Cards
- Challenge Supplier Documentation List to the sole relevant document.
- Is accountable for the timely review and approval of Supplier documentation
- Organise Pre-Production Meeting
- Update SCM schedule and Procurement plan with progress and delivery dates
- Ensure that transit requirements are considered, that actions and information to transit team is made or given in due time and that the product is effectively delivered without delay.
- Ensure all actions are taken against QC issues raised, make sure all alarm and NCR are treated.
- Report weekly or according to project requirement, on progress and oportunities.
- Manage and negotiate all Variation Orders
- Check Suppliers invoices and the final account, obtain the corresponding close out certificate from Suppliers and issue the as-built revision of the Award.
- Highlight all discrepancies in SCM processes, identify related risks and propose actions to minimize such risk.
- Ensure feedback and supplier performance evaluations upon completion of works by use of the Saving and Value Capture/Overrun Report, Supplier performance assessment, and Lessons Learned reports.
- Degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering or Business) or qualified by Experience
- Technical awareness of fabrication standards and products (PLET, Pipe-in-pipe, manifold, suction piles, etc…)
- Experience in management of fabrication subcontract is a plus
- Is “cost saving” oriented, and capable of challenging requests.
- Is aware of the overall project schedule, planning, organisation and has knowledge of its main issues.
- Have a good understanding of the overall technical issue and a good knowledge of the offshore industry and its specificities and of complex items.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and is a team player.
- Build effective and collaborative relationship with suppliers
- Strong ownership and leadership
- Strategic thinking
- Negotiation and contractual skills
- Have Capabilities in line with the below matrix:
KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
- Professional Bodies : All Subcontractors/Suppliers
- Customers : Through PMT
- SCM Department
- SCM Category Manager / Lead
- Project SCM Manager
- Project SCM Team
- Package Managers
- Project Contract Manager
- QC and HSE Engineers
- Document Controlers
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.