OX2 has partnered with NES Fircroft for the delivery of recruitment activities across their Polish division. To support growth in this area, NES Fircroft are seeking an experienced Solar Project Engineer to support projects’ acquisition and development of the constantly growing pool of PV projects.
Cross-functional position to support both the Transaction and Business Development teams in pursuit of investment opportunities, including acquisition, brownfield and greenfield development until Financial Close and EPC contract signature and project selling.
- Provide technical expertise and oversight to technical matters throughout the development process with a heavy focus on utility-scale and commercial PV system siting, engineering, construction methods, and system production modelling.
- Utilize knowledge of PV project engineering, electric generating facilities, renewable energy, utility interconnection requirements and control/metering schemes to evaluate, identify, and mitigate commercial risks associated with proposed Project designs.
- Cooperation with ie. Solar Technical Team, Project Management and Construction Team, Procurement Team, Grid Export Team, HSE team, third-party consultants
- Support of development & acquisition processes from design perspective
- Management over and review of Technical Due Dilligences
- Supervision over compliance and correctness of projects’ design throughout the different stages of project development
- Supervision over technical and financial parts of projects to be acquired and under development
- Coordination of all teams involved in projects to achieve the most optimized design
- Undertaking or supervising site visits on projects in greenfield stage, under development, during construction
- Responsibility over technical inputs in financial model, technical design and risks associated to technical desig
- Support for EPC negotiations for technical matters, warranties, Performance Guarantees, and Liquidated Damages
- Leading the ongoing monitoring and maintenance strategy for projects, provide cost estimates, and resource requirements.
Ideal candidate should have
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering obtained from an accredited program or state registration as a Professional Engineer. A Master’s degree in engineering will be considered in lieu of the B. S. Engineering degree.
- More than 5 years on Utility Solar Power Plants in similar position. Other experience in other energy markets such as Oil & Gas, Wind, Storage, etc. will be valued. Construction experience will be valued significantly. Professionals with less experience may be considered for a lowered rank.
- A working understanding of energy project finance.
- Demonstrated ability to conquer challenging work requirements and achieve business results, regardless of detailed subject knowledge, through the application of technical abilities and problem-solving skills, including effective planning, industry knowledge, organization, management skills, and determination
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse teams ranging from executive management and key stakeholders to construction contractors and construction personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Polish. Other languages, such as Spanish, Swedish, French or Italian will be valued positively.
- Additional knowledge of Energy Storage and infrastructure sector projects will be a plus.
- Strong understanding of the development process for Solar PV projects, including constraints analysis, grid connection and permitting processes.
- Familiarized with the international standards which apply to PV Solar Project, IEC / IEEE / EN / UNE / UL…
- Proficient in engineering design software, including but not limited to: PVsyst, AutoCAD, ArcGIS Pro, PSSE, etc. is desired.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Project and Excel.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.