ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
This dynamic Gulf of Mexico (GOM) position is part of a team responsible for accounting for oil, gas, NGL volumes and revenues. With our continued growth in GOM this brings continuous operational, contractual, and system changes which necessitates taking the initiative with a proactive approach to handle the monthly close process, analysis, contribute to accounting pr9ocess decision making. This job requires a team player with high standards of excellence and attention to detail.
An effective ability to analyze, interpret and present financial information for all GOM assets is required. The position includes delivering SOX controls, accounting estimates, actualization, invoices, and financial analysis. You will be responsible and accountable for ensuring that all deliverables and reported financial data are complete, accurate, timely and that the accounting records follow contractual agreements, GAAP, SOX controls and Company Policy.
The accountant should be a self-starter, who works proactively and can multi-task. The position requires sound SAP/PRA experience of accounting journal entries and to be able to perform analysis of monthly financial entries and reconciliations. The individual will work closely with the rest of the GOM team, directing and working with Hess India team members that input to the process. This role is also responsible for liaising with internal and external stakeholders and meeting their information needs timely, therefore good interpersonal and relationship management skills is preferred. As a trusted business partner, the accountant will collaborate with Production Accounting, Commercial, Marketing, Finance Support, Royalty Compliance, Cash Management, Joint Venture Accounting to build trusted relationships and provide financial results.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key participant in monthly estimates for oil, gas and NGL volumes and values
- Analyze volumetric, contractual and financial results and review variances to estimate, forecast and prior trends
- Review, monitor and post manual journal entries in SAP/PRA
- Review monthly GOM invoices
- Collaborate with PRA SME and Hess India team to troubleshoot booking issues
- Monitor GOM account receivables and accounts payables
- Prepare the monthly Prior Period Adjustment Price Adjustments for Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Review Global Production System (GPS) exception report and assist in resolving issues
- Prepare and review quarterly/annual Balance Sheet Review commentary
- Prepare SOX and external audit schedules as needed
- Work with Manager to monitor and review purchase and sales agreements (PSA) from Commercial
- Communicate effectively with management and work closely various internal and external stakeholders; Production Accounting, Commercial, Marketing, Finance Support, Royalty Compliance, Cash Management, Joint Venture Accounting to build trusted relationships and provide financial results.
- Responsible for timely response to internal and external inquiries
- Interact and provide responses to internal and external auditors
- Participate in ongoing lean review and continuous improvement of accounting procedures, controls, and documenting processes
- Minimum of five years of oil and gas experience
- Knowledge of Gulf of Mexico operations is a plus
- SAP/PRA knowledge preferred, however, training will be provided
- Advanced MSOffice, Excel and Word
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and documentation skills
- Self-starter who works proactively and can multi-task
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related Business field is required
- Advanced Excel skills needed
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Lisa B Willet | Employee | Finance | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 26316
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.