LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 54587
Why you should join us:
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated IT/Automation professional to support the Advanced Solutions group in our Regional Automation and Applications team. The successful candidate will provide hands-on support for Suncor’s XHQ installation in Base Plant and In Situ (OPM), Seeq, as well as other visualization software and development and support for specialized fit-for-purpose Operations Technology (OT) applications developed for the engineering and operating teams in the business areas. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone seeking to demonstrate their knowledge of Applications and Operations while collaborating with diverse teams and specialists from other areas of the business.
You will use your expertise to:
- Respond to incidents, requests, problem cases, change requests and outages to ensure these operational support applications are reliable and optimized in performance
- Develop application roadmaps to understand and implement upgrades, plan infrastructure needs and engage with related teams for changes that are required
- Optimize performance of the applications and work with Supply Chain and Maintenance Renewals groups to ensure costs are kept in line and are forecasted within budgets.
- Act as the technical point of contact for initiatives related to these applications in the Area Engineering and Operations teams
- Support and lead analytics initiatives to solve strategic issues with our customers
- Provide on-call support on a rotational basis to ensure high availability of automation applications to train end users
- Complete or assign MOC tasks. Initiate MOCs as required.
- Complete investigation and timely close out Enablon’s and AM tasks.
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Computer Science or Engineering Degree with specialization in Automation
- Minimum 8 years experience with Operations Technology in an industrial environment
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills to work effectively with team members, IS staff, software vendors, on-site contractors, and business representatives ranging from field staff to executives.
- Critical-thinking, problem-solving and time-management skills
- Highly self-motivated, well organized and disciplined to work out of a home office
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals and reporting monthly updates
- Exceptional understanding of integration points between the various functional areas within Suncor and interdependencies (ie.SAP)
- Ability to make independent decisions & influence business decisions for positive outcomes.
- Ability to respond to multiple requests from a variety of business and IS teams and prioritize accordingly.
- Broad knowledge of how to deliver information technology services to meet business cost and service level expectations.
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Broad based understanding of functional and technology trends, solution design and maintenance approaches and ability to consult on roadmaps
- Experience with Siemens XHQ or similar business intelligence tool
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET Core, MVC, REST APIs, ORM, CSS/SCSS/SASS, client-side scripting, responsive front-end frameworks, SOAP Web Services
- Experience with SQL Server and/or Oracle queries, server administration, report development (SSRS), integration services (SSIS)
- Familiarity with OT/IT/IIoT environments, automation systems and interoperability standards (OPC UA, ODBC, OData)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure (IoT, Dev, DevOps)
- Understanding of Version Control tools (SVN, Git)
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- The position will be on Monday to Friday schedule
- We have numerous Employee Inclusion Networks who work together to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change at Suncor. Current networks include both Workplace Inclusion Networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship for different groups)
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don’t delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals
To apply for this job please visit jobs.suncor.com.