DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East region and the North Sea. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norway’s oldest oil company. With a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, DNO produces around 110,000 barrels of oil per day from the flagship Tawke field.
To design, plan, coordinate and support the execution of stimulation interventions in naturally fractured carbonates to optimize production and injection in a safe and cost-effective way in.
- Work closely with service companies to achieve optimum design of planned stimulating (recipe, pump schedule and flowback).
- Writing of specialized stimulation intervention programs for wells in fractured carbonates to achieve safe, technically sound and cost-efficient treatment.
- Develop detailed well stimulation cost estimates for assessing the economic viability of the intervention.
- Serve as Contract Holder for well stimulation services and manage contractor performance in cooperation with DNO’s well services team.
- Design and execute quality assurance/quality control and perform post-job analysis for well stimulations.
- Determine production improvement potential for wells. Perform studies and projects assuring adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of all phases of problems in areas including stimulation, production, well design/testing programs, reservoir flow properties & fluid studies.
- Working closely with the organization you will plan, monitor and validate well surveillance activities to ensure well integrity.
- Identify, evaluate, and select potential vendors to support well stimulations.
- Maintain safety as a core principal in every aspect of the job and serve as a safety leader.
- Manage the post-well operations reporting process to ensure the optimization of operational data collation and interrogation to be used for continuous design and operational improvement.
- Provide input into the specification of completion, well testing and well intervention related equipment and services in accordance with company procedures.
- Work closely with sub-surface team to ensure reservoir requirements are delivered.
- Participate in the ongoing training and development of assigned local staff and other new graduate staff. Includes assessing employees training and development needs, preparing structured development / familiarization programs, monitoring and reporting on progress and counseling employees, as required.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Petroleum or equivalent).
- Minimum of 20+ years as a total experience in oil and gas industry, including a minimum 5 years in Stimulation engineering for oil and gas wells.
- Significant experience with naturally fractured carbonates.
- Experience with multistage completion.
- Preferably supervisory experience in the field for executing daily operations support.
- Experience with coiled tubing and interventions.
- Good understanding of well – reservoir interaction in fractured carbonates.
- Flexible to travel to field when needed (Kurdistan/Iraq).
- Team player.
- Open to share experience and open to new ideas.
- Achievement focus and practical.
- Committed to safety as a value.
The role reports to Reservoir Performance Optimization Manager and will be based in Dubai, UAE. The work schedule for this role will be Sunday to Thursday 8AM to 5PM on an unlimited duration contract.
Interested applicants kindly apply with a PDF version of your CV.
To apply for this job please visit dno.easycruit.com.