On behalf of our Mining Owner Operator client, NES Fircroft are recruiting an experienced Senior Structural Design Engineer (Transmission Lines) for a Perth based role on a 12-month contract.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Structural Design Engineer is responsible for working on detailed engineering design of transmission and distribution (T&D) packages for high voltage transmission and renewable energy project developments. The Senior Structural Design Engineer will provide optimised solutions to all T&D engineering aspects from concept to design and construction, assisting both Perth and site teams for improved project time and cost delivery.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Provide expertise and assisting delivery of T&D design packages including lines, access tracks & pads and foundations.
- Preparation of engineering scopes, specifications, calculations, and reports.
- Develop and refine internal technical design standards.
- Preparation of T&D concept designs.
- Provide detailed design including review and approval of PLS-CADD models and CAD drawings.
- Provide technical support to the project team ensuring compliance with scope, technical specifications, legislation, and relevant standards.
- Perform contractor and vendor tender assessments
- Liaising with external and internal clients and vendors.
- Creation of internal site supervisor support documentation.
- Identifying innovative solutions in line with Fortescue’s values and safety culture.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Civil/Structural Engineering qualification.
- Prior experience in detailed design engineering and project engineering required.
- Strong knowledge and application of relevant Australian and industry standards.
- Proficiency with PLS-CADD suite of products PLS-POLE and/or PLS-TOWER software.
- Experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation and GIS systems.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) with Engineers Australia or equivalent is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience of document control and management of quality control.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.