- To perform and achieve the Structural design of a plant or installation modifications or project fit for purpose; to perform studies in structures (Reinforced Concrete & Steelworks), vessels, piping, lay-out disciplines to enable estimates and/or construction.
- Carries out studies and Supervises design contractors & ECPI contractors with work force up 10 Engineers and draftsmen
- To prepare, propose and follow up on documentation, taking any necessary corrective actions.
- To ensure awareness of and compliance with HSE rules and regulations by subordinates and contractors.
- Carries out preliminary, basic & detailed engineering studies / in-house design for the structural discipline for onshore and offshore projects mainly (design basis, structural analysis incl. inplace, lifting & transportation cases, lay-out & 3D modelling, etc.).
- Carries out and supervises as the case may be detailed engineering performed by Contractors and installation engineering.
- Interacts with Third Parties such as Certifying bodies.
- Ensures that the Engineering Contractors submit all deliverables on time and check it regularly.
- Prepares structural general arrangement drawings, specifications, MTO, calculation notes.
- Prepares structural design reports and local checks covering in-place analysis, lifting analysis, transportation analysis, load-out, sea fastening calculations, deck assessment, connections designs, etc.
- Coordinates the activity of a draftsman for the execution of the structural drawings.
- Support drawings, support lists, requisitions, load lists.
- Carries out simplified stress analysis calculations and checks.
- Prepares technical evaluations and approval of structural contractor’s drawings.
- Reads and interprets facility engineering drawings, designs and make necessary modifications or recommendations.
- Interfaces with Procurement Dept., Project & Construction Sections for structural engineering related issues.
- Draws up & cross-check relevant procedures, international standards (API, AISC,ISO,etc) & COMPANY General Specifications.
- Prepares CFT for structural activities and relevant technical evaluation.
- Follows-up Purchase Orders to ensure timely approval.
- Checks and approves structural engineering deliverables received from third parties.
- Checks that the design is developed in line with the Pre-Project and the statement of requirements
- Participates in HAZID / HAZOP and constructability review workshops and studies
- Ensures effective & timely response to technical queries in compliance with set standards, company specifications & safety procedures.
- Ensures effective design studies for infrastructures produced by contractors
- Ensure and promote the application of the Company HSE rules and specifications
- Ensure that contractors comply at all times with safety rules, taking actions as required in case of disregards of the rules, stopping the works if they are deemed unsafe, and organizing tool-box meetings and recovery plans
- Ensure that personal HSE KPIs such as Annual Medical certification & other HSE PASS & Safety Pass requirements are up to date.
- Promote safety culture within Company personnel and contractors as well as the reporting of anomalies
- Ensure and monitor the safety of personnel and installations as well as protection of the environment.
- Pursue within his team the HSE objectives defined by his line management.
- Minimum Qualification: B.Sc./B.Eng.(Structures) with 8-10 years experience in an Engineering Organization in a similar design position.
- Use of Autocad & proficiency in use of SACS, STAADPro, NSO/ISYMOST (Fastrudl, Isymost) are a must.
- Knowledge of AVEVA E3D and Microstation is a plus.
- Good Communication in English and Interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit amaidenenergy.com.