Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage, and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: SENIOR SUBCONTRACTS SPECIALIST
· Reporting to the Subcontracts Team Lead, the Senior Contracts Engineer will manage all sub-contract activities related to FEED / Onshore / Offshore EPC and Major Fabrication contracts.
· The Senior Contact Engineer will work on their own initiative dealing directly with the Clients and all key business stakeholders, to negotiate and execute the required subcontracts in line with Petrofac best practice.
· The Senior Contract Engineer will be required to work with the technical and functional engineers, and key stakeholders to develop subcontract templates based on the Petrofac subcontract conditions of contract for use on EPC projects.
· The Senior Contract Engineer will also provide support to the procurement teams in all contractual issues raised through the normal supply chain activities.
· Development of Major Contracts strategy papers and in-depth knowledge / experience of placing major FEED/ EPC / Fabrication contracts
· Preparation of Invitation to Tender (ITT) packages, including instructions to bidders, proposal form, contract agreements, terms and conditions, special terms and conditions, index and commercial exhibits as appropriate.
· Receive and review all other parts of the bid package to ensure continuity and completeness, including liaison with sponsor departments.
· Issue contract ITT package to approved tenderers, manage the clarification process (including close out of contractual and commercial qualifications) expedite responses, prepare formal commercial evaluation of bids and recommendation to award.
· Prepare and issue to the selected contractors approved contracts and contract amendments.
· Maintain and logged all contract change authorizations and amendments.
· Where appropriate liaise with Client and EPS West Contracts in the UK for legal, tax insurance and compliance to obtain their input into subcontracts.
· Work with the PMT to negotiate contract terms with suppliers in line with Petrofac Best Practice and prepare justification for any significant exceptions for senior management approval.
· Ensure any agreed contractual position is approved in line with the Delegation of Authority Matrix.
· Ensure that where appropriate the contract terms are drafted to ensure full back-to-back coverage.
· Prepare contract approval paperwork (contract RRC, GRRC and Tender Board paperwork) in support of ITT’s and awards.
· Gain a full understanding of company procedures and processes and follow these principles in all aspects of the role.
· Ensure strict confidentiality of all allocated subcontracts and ITT processes.
· Support Project Managers and Project Contract/Engineer Engineers Service Account Managers in presenting the Company’s position to suppliers and advise managers on their sub contractual rights and obligations.
· Assist in the development of standard ITT and contract templates for differing categories of activities.
· Lead and promote a performance culture, including focus on performance and value creation
· Assist in the resolution of contractual claims and disputes.
· Contribute to the creation of the supplier performance feedback review plan and responsible for carrying out performance feedback reviews in accordance with the plan.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Legal or QS bachelor’s degree
· Knowledge and experience of contract terms UK Onshore and Offshore including but not limited to: FEED Awards, Construction Contracts, Major Packages, OPEX and CAPEX Engineering & construction, consultancy.
· Experience in drafting contracts in differing commercial and contractual arrangements.
· Ability to work independently and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Self-starter with the ability to work under own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
· Prioritize work to ensure tight deadlines are met.
· Proven negotiations skills
· Ability to influence stakeholders.
· Significant Experience in a senior or similar role with specific experience of onshore and offshore EPC projects subcontracts.
· Considerable oil and gas experience in reviewing, negotiating, and drafting LS/TK subcontracts.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.