Senior Technical Consultant
Job Proposition: As we transition to cleaner forms of energy, the challenge facing the industry is to manage the current asset base to maximize value and pave the path to grow ground-breaking technologies for the future. In this role, you are expected to work with technical leaders across our client, vendors and external organizations providing proactive license management, troubleshooting and support for a portfolio of software technology products utilized by process and discipline engineers. The role also includes computer lab, SharePoint and General IT support presenting a great opportunity for self-starters.
Our department: The Surface Engineering Technology team develops and leads end to end implementation of a portfolio of software technologies in the areas of Process Simulation, Modeling, Real Time Optimization and Discipline Engineering tools across all lines of business, including providing niche advanced technical support activities and working closely with IT groups in developing software solutions and with Project Services and Asset Support groups in delivering these technology solutions.
- Working closely with the Surface Engineering Platform Lead, you will lead license management for software housed in our Citrix Farm Lab, assist with license related and general troubleshooting, act as the department’s SharePoint focal point and FSO, and work closely with other team members providing IT support for various projects.
- License Management, Troubleshooting, and Support: Proactively maintain license servers, develop usage logs, and act as troubleshooting focal point for multiple tools. Responsible for first line software/hardware access control.
- SEST SharePoint Focal Point: Perform SharePoint maintenance, publish newsletter articles, update SEST Process Tool Pages, and assist with migration to RIM. Uses basic programming skills for new SharePoint pages/features.
- WDSL and Citrix Farm Lab Support: Full Responsibility for Citrix Farm Lab and proactively support hardware, software, and users of WDSL.
- General IT and Administration Support for SEST: This role is very versatile and requires seeking out and resolving potential issues before they impact users. It also requires regular interaction with users and with the SEST Platform Lead to ensure the portfolio is strong and that our client’s staff are aware of what is available to them.
- The applicant should preferably have a degree in Chemical Engineering with an in-depth IT background or a degree in the IT space with experience in the Energy Industry.
- The applicant is expected to have a sound background in IT software and hardware support.
- 10+ years’ experience providing general IT support, license management, and basic programming (HTML, VBA, etc.). If candidate has advanced programming skills, more challenging projects will be available to them as well.
- Proven skills in quickly determining and independently resolving root causes of IT issues.
- Hands-on SharePoint FSO experience and very comfortable maintaining SharePoint sites and creating basic sites.
- Knowledge of IT Architecture, IT Service / Support Processes & Landscape Management Soft Skills
- Ability to set priorities and work multiple activities concurrently in rapidly changing environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Some project leadership experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills as will work closely with users and meet regularly with the Surface Engineering Platform Lead to keep them informed on key details and potential challenges.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently to proactively identify and solve issues.
- Able to work in a global, virtual team environment.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.