JOB PURPOSE / OBJECTIVE
To develop operating procedures, work instructions, manuals and method statements with the main goal to communicate complex, technical information more easily in a user-friendly manner, in order to achieve safe and faultless completion, commissioning and startup of the LNG Train 7 Project scope.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit high-quality operational procedures and manuals using the design data and Vendor information in a clear and concise manner to ensure safe and efficient activities execution.
- Coordinate team’s effort in the development and review of Commissioning and Start up Procedure by the Operations team.
- Develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts. Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals and maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Produce how-to, tutorials, user guides, and knowledge base content, to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to update existing documents to reflect new or changing equipment functionality.
- Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical information for technical and nontechnical users
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and Contractual deliverables. Maintain an up to date and accessible data base of approved/relevant manuals, procedures, work instructions etc. for the completion, commissioning and start up of Train 7 project scope.
- Work with internal project teams and EPC CONTRACTOR to ensure an in-depth understanding of the documentation requirements and produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended users
- Collaborate with Engineering, Quality Assurance, HSSE, Project Management, and other groups to plan, write, and revise printed and online documentation, including general overviews, tutorials, installation/configuration instructions, training class materials, and documentation
- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation
- Play an active role in maintaining a safety culture in the performance of Technical Writing duties and adhere to all applicable site / project safety procedures
HND or Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or other engineering/science discipline Degree
- Minimum of 20 years oil & gas plant operations experience preferably in the LNG industry with at least 7 years at supervisory level as a Technical Writer or similar role in a complex LNG Plant Project
- Experience working with P&IDs, Isometrics, and Control Drawings for LNG Plant design, construction, commissioning and start up
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process
- Experience in providing CSU related design input and working in an EPC or a plant environment considered an advantage
- Working experience on part of, or the entire, ORP Project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover) and/or in the front-line Oil and Gas production operations is desirable
- Experience with Management of Change process, Operations Integrity / Process Safety Management processes
- Experience with MS Office and SAP would be an asset Skills and Knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and experience working with content in multiple mediums.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- A positive attitude, willing to jump in and tackle new challenges.
- Ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for users
- Creative skills and usage of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Strong team lead, willing to overcome differences and collaborate with multiple disciplines
- Ability to work effectively in a multidiscipline, multi-national, multi-cultural, multi – work center team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount.
- Ability to understand complex processes and strive to develop and implement continuous improvement and creative process enhancements
Other Job requirement:
- Developing and field verifying all commissioning procedures and checklists
- Supporting regulatory compliance standards ensuring required documentation is completed
- Participating in Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR) process
- Supporting execution of leak testing, line cleaning and N2 purging as per the Commissioning and Start-up execution plan
To apply for this job please visit amaidenenergy.com.