Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Workshop Technician, based in Aberdeen.
* Assist with the execution of all repairs, servicing certification and testing of company owned and customer equipment repairs/refurbishment.
* Assist with the execution of all repair, servicing certification and testing of company owned and customer equipment repairs/refurbishment.
* Carry out daily tasks in a safe and effective manner.
* Assist in gathering the correct tools for the specific task.
* Attend all training assigned.
* Perform strip, clean and inspection of equipment as required.
* Perform test and assembly of equipment as required.
* Pro-actively work towards building competency portfolio.
* Fault finding and determining proper solutions.
* Ensure all lifting equipment being used is within certification.
* Forklift activities as required, providing the correct training has been received.
* Assist in the maintenance of all equipment in workshop.
* Ensure the workshop and stores are tidy and adhere to and participate in 5S policy.
* Perform duties as required to by supervisor, these may include assisting in other areas/departments.
* Work as part of a team or individually as required.
* Work offsite or at the company or supplier locations as required.
* Assist in training and mentoring of trainees.
* Ensure work instructions are followed.
* Adhere to all of the company’s policies and procedures.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant industry experience
* Prior experience of working on either Pressure Control Equipment (PCE), Surface Wellhead Equipment (SWE) and/or Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) Equipment
* Inspection skills/experience would be an advantage.
* Sound knowledge of mechanical workings
* Basic IT Skills (Microsoft Word, Excel etc)
* Ability to work well as an individual or part of a team.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/065485.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.