Senior Subsea Controls Engineer
– The responsibilities of the Senior Subsea Controls engineer position include but is not limited to the following:
– To act as a focal point for Subsea Control system work throughout the engineering design, construction, installation and operations phases of the project. The Subsea controls engineer has the working responsibility of software and hardware related to power, communication, hydraulics, chemicals and associated disciplines within subsea production control system and work-over control system.
– To proactively provide input to/from other disciplines & entities to assure that design outputs are consistent. Specifically act as a coordinator between internal Company departments such as Subsurface, Drilling & well and Operations in order to design the subsea control facilities. Be responsible for alignment of Work-over control system (WOCS) solution with the subsea production control system.
– To be responsible for the review of the subsea production system controls aspects of Design Bases, design drawings, specifications, analysis, installation procedures, interface information etc.
– To be responsible for the Subsea Control System related internal decisions & recommendations papers and approval presentations to be made for the Projects
– To collaborate with the selected Strategic Partnership Alliance (SPA) contractors to find robust and good solutions for the control discipline and for the project overall.
– Responsible for interface work within controls function, including interface to host platform organisation.
– To address technical safety design and solution for Project HIPPS and safety instrumented solution. Coordinate safety assessment work together with HSE function and contractors.
– To participate in HAZOP, SIL assessment, Integrity management and other key design reviews internal and external.
– To assist commissioning and operations planning
– Follow the safety & environmental policies, guidelines and procedures as directed by the business unit
– Knowledge and engagement of HSEQ policies, processes and regulations relevant to the subsea discipline and activities
– Masters degree in relevant engineering science related to subsea production control system
– 10+ years broad experience from petroleum industry operations and development and subsea control system design, fabrication, installation and operations
– Knowledge of upstream field development concepts formed by several years in the industry and worked within Operators type organisation.
– In depth knowledge of industry standards and authority requirements within the discipline
– Having the ability to utilise and understand controls software and hardware of design, installation and operating issues. Particularly with respect to design integrity, availability and technical safety.
– Ability to manage interfaces both internally and externally with contractors
– Personal attributes that contribute to an effective team
– Able to draw on broad knowledge of Norwegian field developments and regulatory requirements
– Good industry knowledge and contacts to source external expertise when necessary
– Good team player able to work beyond nominal job description depending on opportunities and risk arising
– Commercial sense to make technical decisions that will benefit business
– Ability to identify and act on technical issues with own initiative
– Able to mobilise internal and external resources to address key decisions and issues
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.