The Service Technician in Estevan, Saskatchewan performs assembly, testing, inspection and packaging of tools/product for shipping, as well as other duties associated with the service center.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assembly, testing, inspection, and packaging of product for inventory and shipping.
- Pick-up and delivery of parts, including out of town hotshots
- Basic shipping and receiving duties
- Perform required inspections and report any mechanical deficiencies or other areas of concern to appropriate supervisory staff
- Operate all equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Utilize the Capture Zero program to identify and report safe and unsafe work conditions and practices—building on safe situations and correcting unsafe ones
- Make decisions concerning prioritization in accomplishing assigned task
- Following all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Ensure shop is clean and organized
- Other duties as required
- Comprehensive technical and practical knowledge of operations, products, company policies, and government regulations
- Good interpersonal skills conveyed in a pleasant and professional manner when interacting with employees, management, and customers
- Sound interpretational and analytical skills
- Skilled in applying problem-solving techniques to complications that may arise
- Skilled in verbal and written communication
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work at a fast pace and produce quality work
- Ability to be organized and follow a systematic method of performing a task
- Forklift Certification is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Overhead Crane Safety
- Work is performed in a shop environment and can include varying temperatures, high noise levels, vibrations, fumes/odors, and dust.
- Participate in near miss / incident reporting
- Adhere to all HSEQ policies and procedures, including ensuring appropriate PPE is worn at all times
- Able to work in a shop environment (walking/standing) with the ability to lift 35 lbs. unassisted
Preferred method of application and to view all opportunities visit:
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind: NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. NOV values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
With over 40 different locations in Canada, and 30, 000 people worldwide, NOV is proud to offer their employees competitive pay and excellent benefits, including a Health Spending account, employer paid premiums, and employer contributions to our employee’s RRSP. We are also proud to provide on the job training, with potential for advancement within our organization and an Educational Assistance Program.
NOV thanks all interested applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.