Our client is currently recruiting for the position of SHE Advisor Health and Hygiene, based in Aberdeen.
* Developing, reviewing, updating, and implementing occupational health procedures and guidance documentation within company SHEMS
* Identify and assess health and safety risks arising from factors onshore and offshore operations across the division in the areas of occupational health and industrial hygiene covering:
* Develop OH and IH improvement programmes (including implementation of a suite of occupational health & hygiene management procedures to address company-specific risks)
* Provide medical and occupational health support to injurious incident reporting, investigations and any follow up recommendations
* Investigate any issues raised related to our activities that may be detrimental to health and well-being e.g. hygiene, office ergonomics, work environment etc.
* Eliminate or significantly reduce OH risks through practical cost-effective risk management solutions
* Conduct regular audits as determined by annual SHEMS Audit Plan. Lead the planning and execution of any specialist audits in the OH/IH discipline e.g. clinical oversight; specialist contractors etc
* Keep up to date with scientific and legislative developments and integrate new technology and best practice into the company SHEMS framework
* Interface with external service providers and specialist as and when required
* Interface with various key strategic contractors to support safety performance and assist when requested with any developing safety issues
* Develop close working relationships with offshore Medic and SHE Advisor and provide support to achieve the objectives of the annual occupational health plan
* Develop close working relationships with the Company Occupational Health Physician in supporting the needs of the organisation and implementing IH/OH plans and programmes.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Good negotiating skills, tact and diplomacy
* Team player but able to work on own initiative
* Excellent communication, written and verbal, and presentation skills.
* Able to gain and maintain the confidence and cooperation of the workforce.
* Knowledge and thorough understanding of all H&S relevant legislation
* Formal H&S qualification
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference PR/050304.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.