In the Shovel Pad Shift Team Lead role, you will oversee and direct the day-to-day activities of a mine maintenance crew while supporting Canadian Natural’s overall maintenance goals and objectives. You will lead and mentor your crew of CNRL HETs and Laborer’s to ensure that all shovel PMs are optimized and completed safely within the scheduled timeframe and any shovel breakdowns are repaired in a timely and cost-efficient manner. You will utilize your heavy-duty mechanical experience to lead your team in maintaining a fleet of 22 shovels. You will also work closely with other trade groups such as welding and electrical to ensure all work is completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Manage a crew of 10 tradespeople – HETs
- Manage and work with multiple support groups such as scaffolders, steamers, cleaners, sandblasters, equipment operators and NDT while working within the constraints of the weekly shovel schedule to complete planned and unplanned work
- Identify and secure resources required to complete all tasks, such as parts, equipment, materials, special tools, work procedures, external resources and documents
- Understand and update the weekly schedule on a daily basis. Adhere to the priories put in place by the General Foreman and remove roadblocks where possible
- Working closely with the planning group to capture all pertinent component change out information, adjusting the weekly schedule when required and capturing job plan change requirements
- Job location: Horizon Oil Sands – Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program from Calgary or Edmonton
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Shift schedule: 7 days on, 7 days off, 7 nights on, 7 days off starting on Wednesdays
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Typically, 3+ years of supervisory experience in a mine maintenance environment with a Heavy Equipment Technician Journeyman Certificate and a valid Class 5 Driver’s license
- Familiarity with and understanding of:
- Supervising a mine maintenance team
- Computer based Mine Maintenance Planning Program
- Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd- “Canadian Natural” is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is July 26, 2021. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.