NOV is actively hiring for a Focus Factory Manager- Machine Shop at our Nisku, AB location. Address: 610 15 Ave Nisku, AB T9E 8A3, Canada
Focused Factory Manager is responsible and accountable for all aspects of this business unit to include P&L, business realization, continuous improvements, sales development while still maintaining the safety, quality, delivery, and productivity of this expanded group.
- To manage all facets of the manufacturing organization and ensure they fit into the larger organization’s vision in order to achieve financial and profitability expectations and customer service levels in terms of on-time delivery, quality, and cost.
- Maintain strong business relationships with existing clients and vendors.
- Planning and directing of group resources with budget plans and forecasts.
- Supports and coordinates with internal and external resources and bring significant problems encountered to the VP of Manufacturing’s attention.
- To establish and sustain processes of regular target setting, performance appraisal, growth and development of employees, and consistent communication to the entire group to create a motivating environment and maximize the contributions of all.
- Demonstrates the capability to work independently on complex and multiple projects requiring judgment to resolve problems.
- Familiarize yourself with operational controls such as safe working practices and job hazard analysis as appropriate to specific work tasks. Assistance with development, promotion, and review of these processes and documentation could be required.
- Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures, and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, and HSE requirements.
- Participate in shop inspections/investigations; including shop, environment, equipment, and QHSE incidents. From these surveys monitor the correction process of deficiencies are completed in a timely manner and maintain records and documentation accordingly.
- The position may require travel.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Combination of Success as a General Manager or Recognized Degree or Diploma (e.g. Finance, Business, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical, etc.)
- Minimum five (5) years of managerial experience in a progressive process manufacturing environment.
- Significant LEAN manufacturing experience is an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications
- Facility Financials
- ERP System
- Manufacturing Processes
- Materials Knowledge
- Participate and/or lead in near-miss / incident reporting/incident investigations.
- Be an HSE champion, ensuring all HSE policies and procedures are adhered to by all Manufacturing employees.
- Able to work in a manufacturing environment (walking, standing, noise).
Preferred method of application and to view all opportunities visit: https://www.nov.com/Careers
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind: NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. National Oilwell Varco values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
With over 40 different locations in Canada and 30,000 people worldwide, NOV is proud to offer their employees competitive pay and excellent benefits, a Health Spending Account, and employer-paid premiums. We are also proud to provide on the job training, with potential for advancement within our organization and an Educational Assistance Program
NOV thanks all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.