As a Software Engineer and Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for developing software programs or systems that align with user needs. The duties include meeting with clients or business professionals to strategize ideas for beneficial software, coordinating with other business professionals and customers to design software and running tests, maintain , sustain , answer and resolve customer issues to keep the product and department supported.
Understanding of signal processing analog, mixed-signal, and digital signal processing (DSP) integrated circuits (IC) play a fundamental role in converting, conditioning, and processing real-world phenomena such as light, sound, temperature, motion, and pressure into electrical signals to be used in a wide array of electronic equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering with 5 to 8 years or Master’s degree with 3 to 5 years’ experience in Application software, software drivers, API development.
- Excellent familiarity with C, C++, C#.
- Working with embedded system and API’s
- Design, test and develop the software to meet those needs
- Recommend upgrades for existing systems and programs
- Develop separate elements of a software that work well in the program as a whole
- Create various diagrams, flowcharts and models that illustrate the type of code needed for programmers
- Ensure continued functionality of a program during maintenance and testing of software
- Document each aspect of a system or application as a reference for future upgrades and maintenance
- Revisit the development process to fix bugs or address client or consumer concerns
- Must be willing to Travel up to 20% of time (<10% is normal)
- Using analysis and critical thinking skills to determine and assess the needs of the user and then create software to meet the requirements.
- Providing clear instructions to the project team, clearly explaining how the software works to the customer and being available to answer any questions that may arise using exceptional communication skills.
- Applying keen attention to detail and organization to work on numerous parts of a system or application at the same time while being accurate and thorough.
- Working well with others on the team of Designers, Developers and Programmers using effective interpersonal skills.
- Being able to efficiently identify and resolve issues that arise during the design, testing and maintenance with real machines on shop floor, using best practice problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft office applications – Word, Power Point, Excel.
About NOV Tuboscope:
At National Oilwell Varco (NOV), we deliver safe, high-quality, technology-driven equipment, services and support that focus on the activities essential to oil and gas drilling and production. Every day, the industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of experience to work. Anywhere in the world. Any time, day or night. We’re here to serve the needs of an industry the world can’t live without. At NOV, we power the industry that powers the world.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.