About NOV and Rig Technologies
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers’ full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world’s most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packages—think top drives, iron roughnecks, drawworks, BOPs, and risers—as well as complete land rigs, we’re constantly working to solve our customers’ operational challenges. We’re designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry’s generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We’re continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
The NOV Aftermarket Group is currently recruiting for a Field Service Technician to join our team in Odessa Tx. This person will be troubleshooting and repairing drilling equipment in the Odessa area.
- Interface with relevant departments to obtain a thorough understanding of NOV products and how they are safely operated, tested, calibrated and problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Travel to customer sites to inspect, install, commission, test, calibrate, repair and train customers on the safe and proper operation of NOV products.
- Perform field upgrades of software and hardware and train customers on how to properly operate the system.
- Communicate field failures and feedback reports to the appropriate departments.
- Complete and submit field service documentation in a timely manner.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, commission, troubleshoot, and repair drilling equipment.
- Provide training to other NOV Field Service Technicians.
- Provide accurate and timely reports to appropriate personnel regarding work progress and output.
- Work in repair shop when needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Must possess a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Office knowledge is required.
- Ability to read and interpret hydraulic schematics and basic electrical drawings required.
- Minimum 1 years’ mechanical experience required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must provide transportation from home to the office. Transportation to customer’s location will be provided.
- 24/7 on-call
- Work in harsh environments including rain, snow, heat, and heights in excess of 150 feet.
Preferred method of application and to view all opportunities visit:
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind: NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. NOV values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
NOV thanks all interested applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.