ExxonMobil, one of the largest publicly traded international oil and gas companies, uses technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs.
We are one of the largest foreign investors in Singapore with more than S$25 billion in assets, and have been operating in Singapore for more than 125 years, expanding from trading kerosene to a multi-billion dollar manufacturing and marketing presence today. Singapore serves as the Asia Pacific hub for our Downstream and Chemical businesses, and it is also home to ExxonMobil’s largest integrated refining and petrochemical complex in the world.
In Singapore, we also own an extensive network of service stations under the Esso brand and supply cylinder cooking gas (LPG) to many households. We also supply the commercial market in Singapore and those around the region with industrial, aviation and marine fuels and lubricants, and market liquefied natural gas (LNG)
Job Title: Singapore Complex Applications Engineer
Job Role Summary
- Provide process control (applications) engineering support to the Singapore Manufacturing Complex for safe and reliable operations
- Develop and implement basic regulatory and advanced process control applications to improve the performance of ExxonMobil manufacturing and production facilities
- Develop engineering solutions using advanced automation tools to improve the effectiveness of process control applications
- Sustaining and enhancing existing process control applications for value maximization
- Supporting and leading engineering assessments, engineering design, process troubleshooting, applications performance analysis and applications risk assessments
- Maintenance, modification and installation of instrument loops for base control applications and advance control applications.
- Initiate/support changes in technology or work practices to improve plant reliability, safety and profitability
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to support continuous improvement to plant processes
- Engaging the business unit and management to drive engineering work goals
- Participation in Global / Regional networks to facilitate knowledge transfer across the wider organization
- Provide technical training and mentoring as required in the area of expertise
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering (preferred) or equivalent
- Understanding of chemical unit operations (e.g. distillation and other towers), reaction engineering, and equipment (pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, furnaces/fired-heaters, reactors)
- Understanding of chemical engineering principles: heat and material balances, reaction kinetics, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics
- Basic understanding of instrumentation, measurements, analyzers and other sensors, including soft sensors (inferred properties)
- Proficiency in scripting language is not a must, although it will be an added advantage
- Experience in process control (applications) specifications and standards
- Familiar with industrial standards and local codes
- Excellent analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and able to deliver under tight deadlines
- An effective team player with good communication & interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exxonmobil.com.