Posting End Date: JULY 25, 2021
Posting will expire at 11:59 pm local time.
On January 1, 2021, Husky and Cenovus combined to form a resilient integrated energy leader. Husky is now part of the Cenovus group of companies.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
The SIS Reliability Engineer will assist in the design, construction, testing and maintenance and leads the reliability reviews and improvement recommendations for all facets in the LRC in providing leadership and technical support for instrumentation systems throughout the refinery. Participate in Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) and subsequent SIL Target Selection Develop safety requirements specification (SRS) and cause and effect matrixes. Performs SIS Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and SIS validation and analyses SIS events and component failures This position leads the effort in reliability engineering for the SIS to improve safety, operability, reliability availability, reduce maintenance costs, increase MTBF, increase equipment on-line performance, and provide, develop and lead reliability analysis and programs.
- Responsible for developing solutions to complex problems which require ingenuity and creativity.
- Identify and implement improvement ideas to improve operational performance, increase availability and reduce costs.
- Provide leadership and decision making skills during turnarounds and unplanned equipment outages regarding repair solutions.
- Lead the SIS Program with improving instrumentation reliability performance, identifying improvements on instrument design and implementations. Ensure availability and reliability are within code specified ranges.
- Ensure timely training of appropriate personnel regarding improvements/changes to instrumentation system(s) to certify safe and successful implementation
- Ensure timely updating of associated SIS documentation (KPI, MTBF, MTTR, failure rates)
- Perform technical and economic analyses to justify improvements and recommend priorities.
- Assist with the required SIS Maintenance per mandated documentation. Responsible for overseeing the development of all aspects of designed functions, and maintenance and reporting.
- Supervise and interact with hourly instrument/analyzer shop employees as needed, as well as vendors and contractors, providing direction, support and feedback as necessary to accomplish departmental and company goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Maintain an efficient and safe work environment, following all safety policies and guidelines as established by Husky Energy and the LRC.
- Actively participate in monthly Safety Meetings.
- Support the Refinery Process Safety Management (PSM) program including Process Safety Reviews (PSR’s), Hazard Analysis (HAZOP) and Management of Change (MOC’s) and is available as instrumentation engineering expert for the LRC.
- Focal point to provide SIS engineering technical leadership with respect to design, implementation, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of SIS at the Refinery per ISA 84,IEC 61511, and IEC 65108 standards.
- Develop and review SIS/SIF Proof Test strategies and procedures, Safety Requirement Specifications (SRS), SIL calculations, and Functional Safety Assessments (FSA).
- Owner of Refinery’s cause and effect content.
- Track SIS activations and report KPI’s associated with monitoring the health of SIS functions/devices.
- Participate in PHA/LOPA reviews and recommend layer of protection strategies for risk reduction per corporate risk management matrix.
- Maintain Refinery’s SIS Lifecycle Management database.
- Participate with SIS testing technologist and instrumentation reliability in audits to enhance reliability of the SIS systems.
- Ensure SIS requirements are addressed in Refinery’s MOC and BYPASS Management work processes.
- Explore opportunities to improve the quality of SIS lifecycle management activities
- Specialize in ISA 84, IEC 61511, and IEC 65108 SIS Lifecycle Planning for Capital Projects and Refinery Reliability organizations.
- A minimum of ten years of relevant instrumentation or controls experience.
- Working knowledge of API Standards and ISA 84 (process safety standard)
- A minimum of ten years of applicable experience in the petroleum industry, preferably in oil and refining operations.
- Experience with instrumentation and controls equipment selection and design for petroleum industry applications.
- Good PC Skills and proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- SIS design and maintenance/ documentation/ lifecycle requirements
- Applications/Systems programming and SIS systems Triconex troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated familiarity with design and installation of field instrumentation, ability to develop and understand loop drawings.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
Education & Professional Designations
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Instrumentation) is required
- CFSE or CFSP preferred is an asset
- Professional Engineer License is an asset
- Project Management Professional Certification is an asset
- ISA CCST Certification and/or NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies) Industrial Instrument Certification is an asset.
- ISA CAP or ISA 84 Code Classes (2) is required
- Safety Sensitive: No
- Employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drug assessments.
- Drives for Results
- Forward Thinking
- Change Agility
- Develops Potential
- Communicates Effectively
- Works Collaboratively
Please note that pre-employment background checks are pre-conditions to Husky employment offers and must be completed successfully before you are confirmed to start with Husky.
Husky Energy is an affirmative action employer and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, veteran status, or other personal or physical characteristics protected by law.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky’s balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.huskyenergy.com.