The purpose is to be the Software Engineer for Energy Components. The role is to assure the functionality meets the business requirements as well as aligns with Shell’s IT Strategy towards standardized and simplified solutions.
Energy Components and its various modules (Production, Sales, Transport, Revenue), is used globally in Shell. Where focus is primarily on the Framework and Production module.
As a Software engineer you are expected to do the following:
– Be an active member of the Scrum Team delivering End to End support to our stakeholders, both via changes in the current landscape as well as projects for new initiatives;
– Actively engage with both business and IT stakeholders to ensure delivery;
– Deliver solutions at a high quality and in alignment with the strong Compliancy rules that are applicable in the Energy Components space;
– Actively help drive Continuous Improvements both in the Ways of Working as well as in the Roadmap space;
– Strong communicator to bridge the gap between business and IT from technical background;
– Strong analytical skills to enable thorough analysis on how requirements can be implemented from a tool perspective;
– Strong SQL skills as Energy Components is designed around an Oracle database;
– Affinity with the PHEA (Produce Hydrocarbon and Energy Accounting) business processes such Product Allocation, Deferment Management, Well Testing, Production Planning, etc;
– Previous experience in Energy Components is preferred;
– Agile ways of working;
– VSTS/Azure DEVOPS;
– Test Automation;
– Continuous Improvement;
– BPMN 2.0;
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.