LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 59226
Why you should join us:
Are you a dynamic continuous-learner, influencer and collaborator with experience in architecting business transformation? We need you to apply these skills within the Digital and Information Technology (D&IT) organization to translate business objectives into optimal solutions, guide the creation and evolution of digital architectures, harness emerging technology and transform the enterprise through delivering new digital capabilities. In this role, you will provide architectural direction throughout the process of planning, developing, configuring, integrating, and maintaining Suncor’s technology solutions.
You will use your expertise to:
- Establish, document and communicate the technical vision for the solution/product and the plan to achieve it, in alignment to business outcomes and Suncor’s architecture policies, standards, roadmaps.
- Identify, manage and mitigate technical risks.
- Ensure that non-functional requirements are identified and delivered in the final project solution
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including: product team, business clients, technical stakeholders, and third party solution or service providers
- Develop and maintain architecture models, technical capability models and roadmaps for digital products and product categories in Enterprise Architecture repository.
- Assess and optimize assigned subsets of the Application Portfolio
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Five years of solution architecture experience in mid to large sized enterprises
- An undergraduate degree or relevant education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or Business
- Strong writing and IT architecture modelling capabilities (contextual, conceptual and logical) to author technical solution documents that align to existing policies, standards and roadmaps
- Good understanding and experience with architecting cloud solutions e.g., Azure/AWS Cloud
- Experience with architecting solutions that drive the DevOps culture and delivers incremental value using CI/CD pipelines, automation, configuration management, DevOps tools and other DevOps practices
- Experience with architecting and delivering enterprise-grade applications for Asset Performance Management (APM), Asset lifecycle Management (ALM), remote monitoring, predictive analytics, mobile technologies and networking for oil and gas operations or heavy construction.
- Sizing and scaling VM-based multi-tiered, cloud-hosted solutions. Architecting and integrating HA architectures across on-premise and cloud hosted solutions.
- Experience working in an agile environment to create and evolve the solution architecture
- Experience and/or formal training in architectural design and common industry frameworks (TOGAF, DODAF, EACOE, ZIF, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to “sell and advocate for” and drive visibility of the optimal solution.
- Experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business, financial and technical constraints
- Experience building and managing key relationships with external and internal stakeholders across organizational levels.
- Proven technical leadership skills with a servant leadership mindset. Has the ability to coach, influence and facilitate the creation and delivery of the technical vision.
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Cloud Architecture certification (Azure and/or AWS)
- Experience using Architecture modeling standards such as Archimate
- Solution architecture experience with oil and gas, energy, and/or retail companies
- Working in both a Project and Product model operating model
- Exposure to APM solutions like Meridium/GE APM, data historians, IoT and SCADA solutions
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W. combined with remote work arrangements in response to COVID-19
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
- Depending on the nature of the role, we have implemented a Hybrid Work Model to provide our employees with a combination of office-based work and ‘work from home’ flexibility. To learn more, speak to your recruiter
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation.
- Suncor encourages everyone do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
To apply for this job please visit jobs.suncor.com.