Stonehouse – United Kingdom
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible to implement sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage the sourcing activities related to their assigned portfolio to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan in the Engineering Centre.
- Implement sourcing plans with the goal of assuring specified quality, meeting required delivery times, and minimizing cost.
- Document the performance of action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects.
- Select a high-performance supply base for assigned portfolio, in accordance with a short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category Managers.
- Conduct requests for information, quotation, information, proposal (RFI/Q/P) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
- Evaluate current and prospective suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality and service.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Execute contract negotiation and development in coordination with Sourcing Manager and Contract Specialists.
- Drive the parts and process qualification in coordination with Supplier Quality teams.
- Work closely with Sourcing Manager or Sourcing Leader to guarantee supply for portfolios.
- Identify opportunities and implement actions to continually reduce wasted time, money, and resources from assigned tasks.
- Comply with Schlumberger and local procedures applicable to the job function.
Experience & Educations:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in either: supply chain related subject such as Manufacturing Technology, or: appropriate engineering technical degree related to the subject areas below.
- Technical understanding, familiarity, experience or education in any / all of:
- Electromechanical devices and systems, ie motors, generators
- Electrical PWA board design, build, supply
- Mechanical parts design, machining, coating, casting and / or 3D printing
Experience in a Supply Chain or Manufacturing environment, preferably lower volume / higher complexity such as:
- Racing cars
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.