Business Analyst, Finance Systems -Hybrid/Flex/Remote
If you are a finance professional that has expertise in bridging the gap between Finance and IT then please read on… …
Precision Drilling has a hybrid/remote opening for a Business Analyst, Finance Systems eager for fresh challenges and development toward potential future career growth as our business continues to innovate and grow.
Working for Precision Drilling means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a strategic player in Precision Drilling’s future. We are a large company with a family feel, where you will collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the organization.
Combined with a competitive remuneration package, you will enjoy the advantages of:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, Pension match, long-term disability coverage, a free fitness membership steps away from our offices and product discount programs.
- A casual work environment where you can expect to enjoy a work-life balance that promotes personal health, well-being, and family life!
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- Precision has a competitive vacation, PTO days, including afternoons off before a long weekend.
The Business Analyst, Finance Systems will be responsible for oversight of all financial master data including general ledger accounts, cost center, profit centers and activity types, and financial periods open/close as well as all associated SOX related controls; providing back-up to analyst doing system master data set-up.
- Master Data Workflow: responsible for oversight of the approval workflows and required SOX related documents
- SAP Integration: responsible with overseeing and understanding the integration points of other SAP modules into FI and CO, including SD (Sales & Distribution), PS (Project systems), FA (Fixed Asset), Vertex (Tax compliance), VIM (Vendor Invoice Management), BPC (Business Planning & Consolidation) and GRC (Governance Risk and Compliance).
- Finance representative: review and prioritize business system initiatives; approve all system changes for Finance group; cross-functional collaboration with other business streams; collaborate with IT to lead evaluation of new Finance systems..
- First point of contact: for issues encountered by the business in the system; working with Functional IT personnel to resolve issues requiring configuration or development.
- Testing: Coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT) activities within the Finance group for monthly/ad-hoc SAP releases and projects.
- Ceridian/Dayforce: responsible to liaison between Accounting and Payroll to ensure the validity of earnings code to GL account mapping and the upload program from Dayforce to SAP; working with Payroll group and Functional HCM IT personnel to resolve issues.
- GRC Module: provide back-up to daily and weekly activities ensuring the integrity of security assignments and any associated SOD risks.
- Asset Owner: for Finance and Accounting network and database folders, ensuring appropriate access of individuals in the company.
- Sharepoint Finance Hub: responsible for set-up and maintenance of associate sites and links to relevant finance related information including process documentation.
- Finance Procedure and Documentation database: oversee and maintain documents that includes review and completeness of the documents.
Knowledge & Skills
Extensive knowledge of FI and CO modules in SAP.
Extensive knowledge of FI and CO related business process.
Exposure to SD, MM, PM, FA and PS in SAP and their integration points with FI/CO.
Exposure to SAP BPC (Business Planning & Consolidation) and SAP GRC (Governance Risk and Compliance).
Strong knowledge of accounting procedures and information systems.
Strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
Demonstrate ability to perform under tight timelines in a demanding environment.
Organized, with an ability to balance multiple projects in the face of competing priorities.
Proven ability to develop strong working relationships across different business streams and various levels of the organization.
Interest and passion in understanding and improving Finance business processes.
10+ years using SAP.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.precisiondrilling.com.