This position will support the planning and finance activities of the integrated Guyana and Suriname Exploration, Appraisal, Developments and Production teams based in Houston. The individual contributor role will be responsible for providing exceptional strategic and business planning support, and timely, accurate, technically compliant financial reporting and analysis for the Hess non-operated assets in Guyana and Suriname.
This individual will report to the Finance and Planning Manager for Guyana and Suriname and will be a key support member for technical personnel and various other finance, planning, and treasury teams. Key Internal interfaces include Guyana Suriname Finance and Planning Manager, Exploration Finance Director, Exploration Director, Developments Director, Appraisal Director, Project Engineering Leads, Pre-Developments Director, Drilling and Completions Leads, Project Control SME’s and other Hess Guyana and Suriname team personnel.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for exceptional planning support to the Hess Guyana and Suriname assets (Stabroek, Kaieteur, Suriname Block 42 and Suriname Block 59) and teams (Exploration, Appraisal, Development, Production).
- Provide portfolio and strategic analysis in support of senior leadership and partner interactions
- Assist with investor relations initiatives including seeking ways to understand and communicate the financial aspects of the Guyana and Suriname portfolio and individual investment opportunities.
- Support the overall Guyana strategic planning effort with the goal of increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Works closely with Guyana management to plan for upcoming deliverables and forecasts. Prepares procedures and required timelines for submissions
- Support the population of project input templates and planning models from multiple functions
- Improve current planning system tools including planning calendar, project input templates, master data files and Spotfire dashboards. Identify priorities for modernization, simplification, and efficiency gains.
- Support overall operating rhythm for Guyana and Suriname including weekly leadership team meetings, weekly planning meetings, finance committee meetings, Bi-Weekly Integration meeting, monthly discovered resources and risked PI reviews, quarterly earnings calls, and other meetings as required
- Lead the internal AFE process for Guyana and Suriname Exploration, Appraisal and Developments including creation of AFE support packs, establishing routing protocols, authority levels, and interfacing with Finance to get AFEs routed. Monitor, facilitate, and communicate AFE progress to ensure timely JV Ballot approvals
- Assists in budgeting, cost control and tracking for Exploration, Appraisal, Development and Production including revisions, analysis and monitoring of multiyear and annual work programs and budgets.
- Works with Hess Commercial and Hess Finance on relevant JoA and PSC items with respect to cost classification and reporting requirements
- Contribute high-quality content for senior management presentation packs, including Board of Directors, ExCom and OpCom operations updates, TownHalls, plan presentations, and strategy updates. Exceptional support for Guyana Exploration VP, and SVP of Exploration requests and presentations.
- Maintains Guyana Planning SharePoint site including capturing and cataloguing key presentations, press releases, E&A facts and data repository, distance between wells, press releases, and other critical data
- Assist with data collection feedback for quarterly investor presentations (Hess quarterly earnings releases)
- Create and issue starter packs for Guyana Weekly LT Meeting
- Minimum of 5 years strategic and financial planning experience in the upstream
- Significant industry experience providing finance and budgeting support for integrated upstream deepwater oil and gas exploration, appraisal, developments and production teams preferably in a non-operated context
- Strong working knowledge of oil and gas field development including execution of projects, project stage gates, cost engineering and project services concepts
- Proven track record managing the budgeting and forecasting process for major deepwater projects and providing excellent project planning support
- Experience supporting exploration and appraisal teams and knowledge of associated activities including seismic, drilling, exploration and appraisal
- Financial reporting (external and internal) and SOX compliance experience is required
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related Business Administration field is required
- Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas both in written presentations and orally to senior stakeholders
- Focused attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy in work products
- Exceptional PowerPoint and Excel skills required; Experience with SpotFire a plus
- Strong organizational, planning, quantitative modeling and problem-solving skills
- Extremely organized, attention to detail and good numerical skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment while ensuring accuracy
- Ability to manage cost activities on multiple projects
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate with a diverse team and willing to consider and accept other views and concepts in reaching critical decisions.
- Variance analysis and commentary skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.