Reference Number: 724VG
Our client is seeking a Specialist Trainer – Underground Mine Equipment. The role focusses exclusively on the training and coaching of National Underground Mine Equipment Operators to ensure that they operate the relevant equipment safely, effectively, and suitably to underground conditions and in compliance with site specific survey instructions.
- Comply with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations which cannot be corrected by an individual himself, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of work.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
- Take reasonable care for your own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by your acts.
- Perform proper pre-start checks of the equipment and Take5 at the work area.
- Report all observed equipment’s defects to maintenance team for repairs.
- Ensure that all tools are serviceable and safe to use.
- Ensure effective transfer of skills and knowledge to Equipment
- Operators (National Jumbo/Longhole/Bogger/Tele-Remote Operator) following the set development plans.
- Develop and review comprehensive training modules for a wide range of underground mine equipment to be used for training Tanzanian equipment operators to meet business standards.
- Develop / Review and implement a robust training programme that includes training of GGML’s internal staff to upgrade to acceptable levels of competency for operating underground mine equipment to enable business continuity.
- Provide specialist advise to Training Superintendent on alternative training solutions for underground mining equipment operations, to meet both short term and long-term business requirements.
- Review and enforce the company Training calendar along with underground Training Matrix schedule.
- Conduct at three-dimension (3D) assessment of underground equipment’s operating skilled knowledge for operators to ensure they meet the equipment operating standards.
- To train and coach new and existing Equipment Operators (National umbo/Longhole/Bogger/Tele-Remote Operator) and to grow their ability to function optimally under all underground mining conditions.
- Review and modify training development plans for identified national successors and provide regular feedback on their progress.
- Prepare bi-annual training report on the progress of the identified national successors on-the-job development.
- Training and coaching of Equipment Operators (National Jumbo/Longhole/Bogger/Tele-Remote Operator) suitable to underground conditions and in compliance with site specific drill patterns and survey instruction.
- Training and coaching Equipment Operators (National Jumbo/Longhole/Bogger/Tele-Remote Operator) to optimize deliverables maintaining or adherence to equipment and operating specification
- Communicate with Underground mine department, HR, Surveyors, Mechanics, Geologists and Engineers as required
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Licensed / certified underground mine equipment operator.
- A recognized underground mine equipment training certificate / experience.
- Extensive experience (10+ years) working as a Specialist Trainer – underground mine equipment.
- A multi-skilled underground mine drilling equipment operator / trainer preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of underground mining practices and efficient operations of underground equipment
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language.
- Extensive experience on All or key underground heavy mining equipment operations.
- Understanding of how training and development supports the workplace, how training fits into the performance management system and the impact training has on performance measurements.
- Understanding of how training and development support and fits into Talent & Succession Management.
- Ability to facilitate focus group discussions, conduct classroom learning sessions, seminars and workshops.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate proficiency in MS Office programs.
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at [email protected]
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.caglobalint.com.