Global Engineering Leader – Subsea Production Control Systems
UK based with access to Bristol
As a leader can you provide inspiration and strengthen morale?
Can you engage with the needs of a globally and culturally diverse team to create a successful dynamic and increase retention?
Join our Subsea Production Controls Team
We design, manufacture, install and service transformative technologies to help take energy forward. With a comprehensive portfolio spanning some of the most challenging subsea developments worldwide, Baker Hughes provide fully integrated control systems for life-of-field support and equipment-uptime demands. Our Subsea Controls team has an integrated approach which places innovation and technical capability at the centre of how we add value sustainably for our customers.
Be part of the Leadership Team of a world class subsea business
As a Global Engineering Leader you will lead a multidisciplined and culturally diverse team of 170 engineers that provide smarter technology for more efficient monitoring, maximum production and reduced risk. You will mentor, guide and lead this population to innovate solutions for the subsea, offshore, surface and onshore operating environments. Provide direction and leadership for the team in the design and manufacture of fully integrated subsea control systems including electro-mechanical, electro-hydraulic, injection systems, sensors, hardware, software, communication systems and services. You will ensure our ‘wing-to-wing’ execution model is effectively deployed.
You will also be responsible for:
- Hiring, developing and maintaining a successful and high-quality engineering population while strengthening morale and cohesion across the teams
- Stimulating the sharing of knowledge,
- Developing and delivering training and development plans to foster team progression and advancement with a view to cross functional roll out
- Instilling key objectives, metrics and performance indicator frameworks to effectively meet business and customer needs
- Collaborating with multi-functional teams to resolve complex engineering issues and develop a full understanding of the key drivers and opportunities within the business
- Providing engineering leadership and coordination across projects to successfully deliver integrated and holistic engineering solutions
- Ensuring systems and equipment engineering solutions meets project technical requirements for safety, quality, compliance, budget, and schedule
- Managing engineering plans to ensure on-time delivery within budget and identifying and approving additional resources required
- Applying existing technologies, approaches, methodologies in new combinations to design new products and systems.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Batchelors degree in an engineering related subject
- Demonstrate a solid technical and commercial understanding of product and service portfolios within a global industrial sector for example Petrochemical, Upstream, Downstream, Defence, Controls & Instrumentation or related industries
- Be and agile thinker to fully understand business goals and metrics, turn data into insights, and translate requirements into actionable analysis and results
- Have the tenacity to work across organisational boundaries and matrixed reporting structures
- Be adept at influencing and leading diverse teams globally across different regions, countries and cultures
- Show an aptitude to nurture individuals’ talents and abilities as well as create team cohesion and unity
- Have a natural ability to engage, influence and build trusted relationships with teams across the business
- Have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills including communicating complex technical content to a range of audiences
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer flexible working patterns:
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we must push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.
Be the first to comment