ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
This Houston-based position will report to the Director, Guyana Developments and Production and be responsible for overseeing the Operational Readiness programs of the ExxonMobil-operated Deepwater projects in Guyana and Suriname. Early focus will be on the Phase 2 and Payara projects in the Stabroek Block, which are due to start-up in early 2022 and 2024 respectively. The role will also support the ongoing Operations of non-Operated producing assets in Guyana.
Key external interfaces are the Liza Phase 2 and Payara Project Teams (EM), the Liza Phase 2 and Payara Operational Readiness Managers (EM), the Asset Managers for Liza Phase 1 and 2 and various Developments and Production personnel from the other JV partner (CNOOC).
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishing overall status of operational readiness of projects in execution through an Operator-monitoring process and to identify areas that require intervention to maintain schedule and safety performance. This will include:
- Status of organization staffing and recruitment
- Training and Competency readiness for new assets
- Assessment of equipment readiness and spares identification and procurement
- Operations Training Simulator development and practical implementation
- Participation in Operator-led assurance reviews at fab site and in-country
- Establishing the status of pre-commissioning and commissioning activities
- Determine compliance with Operations and Asset Integrity Management Systems
Support of Existing Operating Assets
Assist with providing feedback to the Operator and to influence them to best meet Hess’ business objectives and to optimize value from ongoing Production operations. This will include:
- Participation in Operator-led production reviews and Operations subcommittee meetings
- Assistance with reliability and production optimization and troubleshooting as required
- Understanding the Operator’s OPEX and recognize savings through optimization, synergies and innovation
- Participate in Operator-initiated investigations as required
- Provide oversight and input to HSE incidents and interpretation of HSE metrics
- A minimum of 20 years Upstream experience working in both the Operations and Projects side of the business, ideally in deep water frontier locations
- Operations experience preferably in an offshore Leadership position with accountability for Safety, Production and Costs.
- On the Project side, experience in the pre-commissioning and commissioning scope is desirable with knowledge of yard and site preparations for first Production.
- Participation in all stages of major capital project from FEED through Execution
- Experience with Operations and Commissioning KPIs and an understanding of the work packs necessary to prepare an asset for First Production
- Some experience in a JV setting, ideally with non-Operator roles which included the need for influencing strategies and suitable approaches to Operator engagements
- Involvement in JV Governance, either through OCM or Technical Subcommittees
- Have strong presentation and communication skills and able to communicate with all levels of Hess and partner organizations
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Builds Trusted Relationships – Very important for Joint Venture Management- strong at building credibility, trust.
- Develops Talent – mentors a number of less experienced team members to establish a strong underlying Operational Readiness capability
- Creates Effective Teams – that are good at influencing the Operator, and collaborating across functions/teams internally and externally
- Thinks Strategically – visualizes/conceptualizes the potential/impacts on portfolio, financials, lateral developments/learnings
- Demonstrates Courage – creates clarity of direction in ambiguous situations and is willing to challenge the Operators plans when they are not in alignment with Hess’ best interests
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Delivers High Performance – gets more out of the Operator by combining skill, credibility, and influence to raise Operator abilities
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Chris Dobo | Employee | Production / Operations Engineering | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 25653
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.