ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The Sr. Advisor Project Management (PM) is a Houston-based position that reports to the Head of Projects and Facilities Engineering (PFE) and will be accountable for the following areas of work: Leading the PMO, which is the corporate function of developments and projects for Hess Corporation. Acts as the global technical authority for applicable standards and governance of same.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serving as the Hess Technical Authority (TA2 designation) for project management across the enterprise and life cycle. This includes assuring greenfield and brownfield projects in various stages of development, including turnarounds, to ensure safe and successful execution, in addition to assessing projects for alignment with Hess Project Standards.
- Serves as standard bearer for Hess Operational Management System Project requirements, and all supporting documentation. Approves/rejects any deviation requests against corporate requirements.
- Company champion for the practice of projects and benchmarking of same. Leads practice of projects network.
- Company champion for the practice of project services facets (cost, schedule, budgeting, project risk); purposefully intersects with relevant adjacencies (economics, decision analysis, finance, etc.). Leads practice of project services network
- Provide technical expertise, support, and direction for all life cycle project phases in matters of companywide interest, and as required for assets needs
- Foster a continuous improvement and innovation culture to drive operational excellence, reduce risk, and ensure the Stage gate and Value Assurance processes are regularly reviewed and updated based on stakeholder feedback and evolving industry best practices.
- Develop and maintain the discipline technical authority network:
- Develop/modify and maintain health of discipline to support broader functional and company objectives
- Provides competency assessment and delegation to discipline specific Asset Technical Authorities (TA3)
- May provide selection, coaching, and/or training within discipline or engage external resources for Project needs that an internal SME or TA is unable to address
- Builds and maintains strategic relationships with Hess projects’ contract and vendor partnerships
- Serves as discipline technical authority for applicable MOCs based on risk level as required by the Hess Management of Change Standard and applicable asset MOC procedures
- Participate in relevant industry professional societies to stay current with emerging technology, industry trends, regulations, and best practices
- Provides innovation/technology review for discipline applicable pilot and scale projects
- May participate in or lead assurance (including any Discipline deep dives) for the Discipline in accordance with corporate requirements
- Lead technology efforts in examining and developing project centric strategic approaches that enable differentiating outcomes (e.g. process/execution safety innovation, longer tieback technology, etc.).
- Build and mature Hess’ approach to deploying carbon abatement methodologies in the developments/projects space
- Asset and non-op based Project Leaders, Pre-Developments and Exploration, Operations, Maintenance/Reliability/Integrity, Reservoir Management, Production Engineering, Economics/DA, EHS, Commercial, Regulatory, Contractors, Technology, Global Supply Chain, Wells and Asset Drilling and Completions
- 15+ years of experience in all aspects of oil and gas project/program development, and management for both onshore and offshore projects
- Proven leader in embedding occupational and process safety for projects life cycle; experience delivering projects in a safe and environmentally friendly manner
- Extensive knowledge of and practice within stage gates (pre-DEV, pre-FEED, FEED, detail design, Fabrication, IHUC), including the integration of contractors and other external parties.
- Experience in a greater variety of O&G regions and value chain, such as onshore, offshore, domestic, international, upstream, and midstream facets of the business
- Sufficient working knowledge and experience in integrating other functions/disciplines (subsurface, production, operations, integrity, legal, EHS, regulatory, etc.) that comprise the integrated team make up required to successfully deliver developments/projects
- Significant knowledge and experience in managing project delivery risk
- Strong knowledge of project/business services
- Good working knowledge of build and operate quality practices that lead to intended integrity and operability expectations
- Strong working knowledge and experience in development/project related contracts and procurement
- Strong experience and knowledge of onsite installation, hook up, and commissioning facets
- Experience and working knowledge in preparing and delivering operational readiness
- Possesses record of accomplishment successfully developing and delivering documents for operation and handover
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify root causes and implement effective solutions
- Ability to travel offshore & internationally as needed
- Proficiency in relevant discipline software and predicative tools
- Possesses strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Current driving license
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field.
- Professional engineering license (or equivalent) preferred
- Current driver’s license
- Valid Passport and ability to travel offshore & internationally as needed
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
In addition to the core competencies listed above, the individual should demonstrate:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve targeted outcomes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Catherine Denise Nichols | Employee | Facilities & Projects | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 26770
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.
Be the first to comment