ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
This position requires a self-starter who is able to work independently with good decision-making skills while gathering and analyzing complex data from a wide range of sources. The source of data includes but is not limited to leases, contracts, division orders, title opinions, curative and other such related documents. The role requires someone familiar with the upstream energy business who regularly acquires knowledge of industry practices, trends, regulations, laws, rulings as they pertain to our core business activities. This position requires someone with exposure to all facets of ownership including various interaction levels with internal and external business partners. This person in this role must possess strong analytical skills, computer skills and general knowledge about the use of core computer applications along with related applications that support our business effort. This position requires a person who can easily and professionally interact with the upstream organization using good interpersonal skills, while being aligned to company goals and objectives, and embracing company values.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzing and validating ownership, conveyance documents, property and production information related to our core business processes. This includes review of all leases and related contracts captured in Quorum Land System and how to obtain and apply that information.
- Perform revision and maintenance of all division order information in SAP/PRA which includes understanding and manipulating unit tracts, bearer groups, and all other related system required data in SAP/PRA.
- Contributing to the revision and maintenance of all Joint Interest Billing information, including the understanding and managing of carried interests.
- Support and collaboration with our Finance colleagues by making ownership information available to allow for accurate and timely processing of production volumes, production revenue, and joint interest billing.
- Analyzing various legal descriptions related to spacing and unit map information and apply that information to our core business processes.
- Responding to phone calls, emails and correspondence from mineral owners and working interest partners regarding title issues, inquiries and account questions.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with both internal and external business partners as well as property owners to obtain needed information and/or documents or to convey information.
- Adhere to internal document management process to ensure correspondence, instruments, records, and all other data are filed, imaged and indexed appropriately for retrieval and analysis.
- Alignment with company needs to promote workflow visibility and measure business quality and delivery activities to continuously improve our business processes.
- Conduct all business activities according to company policies including business ethics, application of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, and all system/process security restrictions.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of oil and gas experience preferably in division order.
- Experience with PRA/SAP, and Quorum Land Systems is a plus but not required.
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable or commensurate experience. Certifications or degrees in the following are also a plus: Law, Petroleum Land Management, Lease and Title Analyst, Division Order Analyst.
- Strong knowledge of land administration including
- Division Order Title Opinions
- Revenue and JIB deck setup & Maintenance
- Lease, royalty, and joint interest partner concepts
- Laws and regulatory provisions related to oil and gas extraction
- Contract administration
- Exposure to oil and gas operations.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Understand how to calculate all division of interest ownership types and burdens.
- Understand all related contracts including the connection to before and after payout calculations.
- Understand the essential requirements of ownership transfers and be able to interpret the effects of a wide range of ownership-transfer documents.
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple deadlines and requirements of internal and external customers and stakeholders, ability to manage project objectives, ensure visibility, timelines and measure success criteria, including the development of KPIs
- Influencing: Influences effectively with both internal and external partners, develops appropriate influencing strategies and styles to overcome blockages. Asserts ideas positively and persuasively, gaining support and commitment from others and mobilizing people to take action.
- Decision Making: Solves difficult problems with little or no supervision.
- Critical Thinking: Identifies the main issues, problems, and opportunities. Uses analysis to draw appropriate conclusions and judgment in choosing a course of action. Strong attention to detail.
- Collaboration: Strong interpersonal skills required with the ability to establish/maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively in email, presentation, and informal settings, including directing preparation of maps, slides, charts or other supporting materials. Conveys information and ideas clearly and succinctly through a variety of media, knows the audience and verifies that the message has been understood.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Catherine Denise Nichols | Employee | Land | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 26425
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.