Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
The Sr. Consultant, Finance Data & Analytics is a key member of the Emerging Technology for Finance (ET4F) program team.
The position will support multiple efforts of the program, with specific emphasis on developing strategies to advance the use of data and analytics in the global Finance organization, creating a data culture, influencing the strategic direction of the corporate data and analytics effort, anticipating change and understanding the impact of the proposed change(s), and being a change agent in the digital transformation journey for the company.
The ET4F program is a finance-led initiative in partnership with IT, to enable adoption of core digital technologies across the global finance organization. With the core strategy and infrastructure for Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Data & Analytics (D&A) in place, the program continues to expand with other technologies including various cognitive tools, blockchain, machine learning and artificial intelligence. There is also added focus on improving RPA and D&A solutions with other technologies to deliver comprehensive end-to-end automation that optimized the scope and efficiency of these technologies.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Participate as an integral member on multi-disciplined team seeking to develop and implement approaches for introducing proven emerging digital technologies across the global Finance organization, leading efforts for D&A
- Act as global finance lead to leverage knowledge of data and analytics tools and methodologies from other parts of ConocoPhillips to the Finance organization, while also influencing the direction of the corporate strategy
- Develop a data strategy to build a foundation for future growth and resilience to technology changes
- Represent global finance on the Global Data Analytics Governance Committee – a member of a multi-functional team from business units and functions, focused on business and technical best practices, sustainability standards, maturity measurements and strategic barriers
- Represent emerging technology in Data Analytics efforts in partnership with nxtgenERP and Digital Technology Services teams for Finance
- Provide leadership on Innovation and Analytics Symposium committees – engaged in the strategic development and execution of the annual ConocoPhillips Innovation and Analytics Symposium, establishing key themes and planning content
- Provide global finance regular communications designed to educate how D&A tools are being used across the company in BUs and functions, as well as empower finance participation and learning
- Promote finance specific use cases and act as integrator between finance groups to share best practices and techniques used to implement D&A tools
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, accounting, economics, IT or related discipline or foreign equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in a business, finance, information technology, or related technical role
- 3+ years of experience with data and analytics tools and practical applications
- Advanced proficiency Microsoft O365 applications: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams and Word
- 3+ years of project management experience across multiple concurrent projects
- Advanced proficiency with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced systems knowledge with multiple applications, to include SAP, Hyperion and Quorum
- Advanced process knowledge of multiple financial processes, to include accounting, reporting, planning, audit, tax and treasury
- Advanced knowledge of D&A tools, to include use of ETL tools, Spotfire, Power BI, Teradata Analytics for SAP (or generic SQL Assistant Tools), SAP HANA and Snowflake
- Strong presentation and data analysis skills, including ability to demonstrate analytic tools, prepare visualizations and communicate values and benefits
- Good interpersonal and collaborative skills working with financial, operational, technical, IT and management personnel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what’s right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of August 8, 2022.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.