Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Sr. Counsel Supply Chain within our Legal Department and help grow the company’s information technology and data privacy practice. The position will be based in Houston, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
• Drafting, negotiating, interpreting, and advising on a variety of construction, services, consulting, and procurement agreements in support of domestic and international carbon capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS) projects and other energy transition efforts.
• Developing template master agreements for non-oilfield environments.
• Advising and counseling on other commercial matters, including contract interpretations and contractor disputes.
• Interfacing with various internal stakeholder groups such as Risk Management, Credit, HSE, Regulatory, and Audit to ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures in the relevant procurement contracts.
• Researching various legal issues related to company’s operations and the impact of such issues on the company’s contracting strategy for goods and services.
• Supporting supply chain efforts in Oxy’s traditional onshore oil & gas exploration and production business in Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and licensed to practice law in the State of Texas.
• Six or more years as a licensed attorney.
• Four or more years of experience in the energy or related industry.
• Extensive experience handling a wide variety of procurement agreements, including master service, construction, and equipment purchase agreements.
• Proactive approach to providing commercial-minded advice and guidance to a variety of business units.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and collaborative work style.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
• Three or more years legal experience at a recognized law firm.
• Experience with CCUS and energy transition projects.
• Experience supporting onshore oil and gas activities.
Relocation: Will not be offered at this time.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Texas-Houston
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.