ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.Â
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota â€“ a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industryâ€™s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.Â
The Data Technician is an individual contributor providing support to the Well Factory within the Bakken asset, reporting through the Subsurface team. Â The person in this role works closely with the Subsurface team to assimilate, QC, manage and analyze data, and automate workflows to support team objectives.
In addition, the person will work directly with the Data Management team daily to ensure databases remain organized and updated. They should be able to evaluate problems and propose solutions to rectify moderate to difficult issues. This may include developing new or innovative strategies to solve business problems within the asset/organizationâ€™s framework. The candidate will be expected to work as an integrated part of the larger Bakken asset team, and collaborate with others in the internal technician community to define and promote best practices.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experienced with data manipulation, processing and analysis of large data sets
- Own and automate processes to extract data from static reports into SQL databases
- Building, mantaining and improving databases
- Constructing data visualizations in Spotfire with advanced user interaction
- Responsible for creating weekly production reports to support asset management
- Coordinate with other departments to acquire information or report data and activities
- Support Corporate processes such as year-end reserves, budget and plan, and AFEâ€™s
- Support development and maintenance of project metrics and dashboards
- Willingness to learn additional software packages to support team needs and continuous improvement efforts
Experience with data manipulation, management and QC, and analysis
- 2 + years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in Excel, VBA, Spotfire, and SQL
- Must be detail oriented with an investigative mind and ability to troubleshoot
- Must be a proven team player able to manage multiple concurrent priorities
- Natural desire and motivation to improve efficiency of current processes
- High performance delivery focus with an emphasis on task ownership and completion. Self-motivated with an enthusiastic, methodical and diligent approach
- Preferred Experience, but not required
- Programming experience (I.E: FME, R, Python)
- Access database development and maintenance experience
- Experience with machine learning models
- Oil and Gas
Education / Training
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in engineering, data analytics, or IT/computer science related
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, clickÂ hereÂ or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Catherine Denise Nichols | Employee | Geoscience | United States| Texas | Houston | | |Â | | No | 26465
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.