The successful candidate is adept at partnering with end-users to log issues, analyse issues, provide tactical/strategical solutions and ultimately deliver tangible business value & benefit.
This role will report into the Head of Application Support – North America working on different business systems critical for the trading life cycle.
- Supporting of Commodity Trading and live position applications during trading hours.
- Support of CTRM and connected upstream/downstream applications for Intraday and End-of-day activities.
- Take appropriate actions to ensure that time-critical batch steps run. This may involve root cause analysis of issues and taking appropriate corrective actions (fixing curves, excluding deals/portfolios etc.).
- Monitor applications availability and report issues pro-actively.
- Communicate with clients/vendors as required: inform/follow-up for incident progress, notify them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Good organizational skills in managing issues, projects and communicating to the stake holders.
- Fast turnaround of client requests.
- Log and prioritize tickets in the ticketing system.
- Work with the Service Desk to ensure requests are routed to appropriate resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests that require 3rd level support
- Improve client service, perception, and satisfaction.
- 5 years of work experience in IT industry.
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in energy trading domain.
- Must have experience of working on trading floor and supporting traders during peak hours.
- Must have knowledge of OpenLink Endur system (North American Gas and Power)
- Good experience with CTRM Application support including upstream/downstream systems. (E.g. Understands business workflow, trade life cycle and operations)
- Working knowledge of ISO power markets and FTR trade booking
- Must have business knowledge of North American Gas and Power trade life cycle.
- Programming skills using JAVA or .Net or any programming language.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues related to programs in Java, .Net or any other programming language.
- Understanding of databases and analysing SQL scripts.
- Should be able to support team members in different geographical regions.
- Motivated and willing to learn and work on different systems 3rd party and in-house developed
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills to interact with various stakeholders both internal and external.
- Ability to work under intense pressure and manage/prioritize multiple requests/projects independently.
- Analytical and critical thinking with ability to problem solve complex issues
- Self-motivated, able to multitask and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with geographically distributed team.
- Adapt to changes quickly and communicate effectively.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What’s more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today’s world of work – it’s about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you’re looking for from your next role.
To apply for this job please visit www.petroplan.com.