ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer primarily provides mechanical engineering support for Infrastructure and Well Factory capital projects. Rotating equipment is defined as the following (but not limited to): compressors, pumps, electric motors, engines, pump jacks, ESP’s, blowers, and fans. The role is responsible for all technical activities associated with the design of new rotating equipment in accordance with Hess requirements, codes, standards, etc. The role is responsible for supporting the Infrastructure Execution Team through the complete cycle of equipment specification, supplier selection, supplier drawing and documents review including detailing project scope, goals and deliverables. This role will also represent the Infrastructure organization when providing rotating engineering support for legacy equipment as needed to support other internal Hess organizations including Well Facilities, Global Supply Chain, Operations, Production, Maintenance, and Maintenance Reliability Integrity. This person will report to the Infrastructure Discipline Engineering Manager in Minot, ND.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide rotating equipment engineering support to the Infrastructure Execution and Development teams.
- Interact with other organizations such midstream/upstream operations, drilling and completions, etc.
- Specify rotating equipment on the basis of fitness for service, reliability, integrity, operability, cost, and schedule.
- Provide engineering calculations for review and/or selection of equipment.
- Prepare and review equipment data sheets.
- Coordinating work with other engineering disciplines.
- Technical evaluation of bids.
- Vendor’s documents and drawings review.
- Work with other project team members, including engineers, technicians and external partners.
- Understand/comply with current codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Investigate technical problems, evaluate alternatives and identify the optimum solution.
- Effectively prioritize workload between several projects.
- 5+ years engineering experience in Rotating Equipment Engineering.
- Oil & Gas industry experience required, with onshore shale production experience preferred.
- Desired skillset includes:
- vibration FFT analysis
- torsional analysis
- pulsation design
- acoustical design
- natural frequency analysis
- machinery failure analysis.
- Experience must cover the area of Conceptual Engineering, FEED (Front End Engineering Design), Detail Design and Consultation.
Education, Training & Certifications
- Minimum BS in Engineering. Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Familiar with API, ANSI, NFPA, ASME, ASTM, ISO, NEMA, IEEE 841, NACE and OSHA standards.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Catherine Denise Nichols | Employee | Facilities & Projects | United States| North Dakota | Minot | | | | | No | 26310
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.