ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The Hess Bakken Infrastructure Mechanical Engineer primarily provides static mechanical engineering support for Infrastructure and Well Factory capital projects. Static equipment is defined as the following (but not limited to): piping, pressure vessels, tanks, valves, fittings, and pipelines. The role is responsible for all technical activities associated with the design of new static equipment in accordance with Hess and industry requirements, codes, standards, and best practices.
The role primarily supports the Bakken Infrastructure Execution Team through the complete cycle of equipment specification, supplier selection, supplier drawing and documents review including detailed project scope, goals, and deliverables. This role will additionally support the Bakken asset by providing mechanical engineering support for legacy equipment as needed to Well Facilities, Global Supply Chain, Operations, Production, Maintenance, and Maintenance Reliability Integrity. This position will work closely with the Global Technical Authority (TA2) to provide better understanding of the critical mechanical equipment and associated reliability processes and provide asset operations with the required subject matter expertise. Relocation assistance is available.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Mechanical Engineering (Static) support to the Infrastructure Execution and Development teams.
- Support other Bakken organizations such midstream/upstream operations, drilling and completions, MRI (Maint. Reliability, Integrity) teams, etc.
- Specify new equipment based on fitness for service, reliability, integrity, operability, cost, and schedule.
- Provide engineering calculations for review and/or selection of equipment.
- Prepare and/or review equipment data sheets.
- Coordinating work with other engineering disciplines and work fronts.
- Technical evaluation of bids.
- Quality review of vendor’s documents and drawings including but not limited to piping systems design, pressure vessel drawings, stress analysis reports, standard deviations, pulsation studies, valve specifications, and coating specifications.
- Work with other project team members, including engineers, project leads, and external partners.
- Understand/comply with current codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Own and maintain all Bakken specific Mechanical (Static) Engineering Standards, Procedures, Guidelines and Specifications (including piping, pipeline, and valves) with oversight from the global technical authority (TA2).
- Investigate technical problems, evaluate alternatives, and identify the optimum solution based on the company needs.
- Effectively prioritize workload between several projects.
- Targeting 5-10 years engineering experience supporting oil/gas production operations with heavy emphasis toward mechanical (static) discipline
- Experience coordinating/collaborating with mechanical designers and vendors
- Experience applying engineering tools to support static equipment
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Working knowledge and/or certification of industry engineering standards (ASME B31.3/B31.4/B31.8 & Section VIII Div. 1, API 510/570/653, ASTM, OSHA, CFR, PIP)
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Catherine Denise Nichols | Employee | Facilities & Projects | United States| North Dakota | Minot | | | | | No | 26771
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.
Be the first to comment