ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
Summary of Position:
Working under the direction of the HC internal audit management team, the seasoned IT internal auditor would primarily perform IT internal audit work of a moderate nature. The positions are designed to carry-out internal audit work in line with the HC’s IT audit plan and IT risk management strategy, and internal audit methodologies.
- Performs IT internal audit work of a degree that may range from a basic to a moderate nature depending on the applicant’s background and involves knowledge of internal audit techniques and technical problem solving skills.
- Creates work products such as IT audit analysis, client correspondence, memoranda, SOX review and other working papers that document the engagement procedures performed, the findings, and the results of those procedures.
- Understands and evaluates processes and related controls.
- Executes tests of controls.
- Obtains background information on the areas to be audited.
- Gathers preliminary information on IT risks and controls for an individual internal audit project or assignment.
- Depending on the applicant’s background, prepares an audit approach that describes in detail the nature, timing, and extent of our internal audit procedures for an individual audit project.
- Assists in preparation of the final report and enhances its content based on application of knowledge and experience. May help present final report draft to HC internal audit management team. May participate in presentation of report and audit findings to management.
- Understands and applies HC’s internal audit methodologies, use of technology and tools.
- Works with HC Internal Audit Management team to identify key areas of IT risk and appropriate coverage.
- Makes recommendations for new audit techniques to analyze the adequacy of IT controls and the effectiveness of operational procedures and processes.
- Works with internal audit team in the development of creative, practical, and cost-effective recommendations for improvement.
- Depending on the applicant’s background, works on special projects or consulting engagements concerning significant corporate issues as directed by HC internal audit leadership team.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge and awareness of general business/economic developments and new pronouncements and standards, to gain an understanding of their links and impact to the business.
- Thoroughly understands and applies technical standards to audit work.
- Works with team lead and members to set goals and responsibilities for specific internal audit engagements.
- May provide written and verbal performance feedback for team members on internal audit engagements.
- May assist with training new staff members in internal audit techniques, organizational issues, and departmental procedures and protocols.
- May participate in the recruiting process by conducting interviews and evaluating candidates.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field. Depending on level sought, MS is desired.
- Depending on the level sought, 3-5 years minimum related, applicable experience, with at least 2 years in public accounting preferred.
- Certification in at least one area (e.g., CISA, CISSP and CIA etc.) is desired.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite is expected.
- Working knowledge of SAP and TeamMate+ is preferred.
- Well-developed analytical, interpersonal, and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Foreign language abilities and international business experience are desired
- Business exposure to several of the following:
- Application Controls
- IT General Controls
- Information Systems
- Other Position Requirements:
- Ability to travel from time to time as needed (estimated 10% but will depend on job requirements).
- Ability to work in excess of standards hours, as needed.
- This is usually a rotational position for approximately 2-3 years and may require transfer to other Hess functions or services, and depending on available development opportunities.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Lisa B Willet | Employee | Finance | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 26719
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.
Be the first to comment