ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The Senior Manager, Operations Communications is responsible for developing and implementing communication strategies and programs, both internal and external, that help advance the goals of the company and its production, exploration and midstream operating units. Hess is an industry leader in the Bakken shale play in North Dakota, one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. Hess also has a position in Guyana, one of the largest oil provinces discovered in the world in the last 20 years, where the company has had more than 30 discoveries since 2015 and four sanctioned oil developments on the Stabroek Block. Our company is also engaged in exploration and appraisal activities in the Gulf of Mexico and Suriname. This Communications position also provides strategic communications support for Hess Midstream LP, which owns high-quality infrastructure assets in the core of the Bakken shale play.
The position is part of an integrated External Affairs department that includes Communications, Government Affairs and Social Responsibility functions, with a shared mission to protect and enhance our company’s license to operate and build preference for Hess among internal and external stakeholders as a trusted energy partner and responsible corporate citizen.
This position reports directly to the Vice President, Communications. The role has one Houston-based direct report and one functional report in Kuala Lumpur, and also manages agency resources globally:
- Manager, Communications – Operations
- Manager, External Affairs & Communication – Asia (functional)
The Senior Manager, Operations Communications serves as the communications lead to Hess operating units and business leaders regarding employee communications, media relations, issues management, crisis communications, stakeholder engagement and overall reputation management. This requires the ability to address multi-faceted and dynamic opportunities and challenges, working in partnership with senior management, Operations, Planning, Human Resources, Legal, and other members of the External Affairs group, and includes:
- Developing and implementing communications with employees and contractors that drive business imperatives and foster a culture of operational excellence.
- Defining and executing an external communications strategy to build support for business positions, plans and initiatives; highlight operational capabilities and milestones; and demonstrate our commitment to corporate citizenship in local communities through earned, owned and paid media.
- Identifying and managing/mitigating reputation issues or risks in our operating areas, conducting reputation research and responding to operational incidents as communications lead.
- Working closely within External Affairs and with other internal partners on public policy initiatives, stakeholder management planning and community outreach.
- Serving as a company media spokesperson; managing conference engagements and sponsorships; and overseeing activities of outside agencies in Houston, North Dakota and KL.
- Maintaining constructive relationships with key industry, trade and community groups, NGOs, and trade and local reporters who cover our operations.
- Serving as the public information officer (PIO) for crisis communications and managing regular media training for operational spokespeople.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in internal and external communications in the oil and gas industry.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Communications or a related field.
- Outstanding functional communications skills; strong on both strategy and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex business, financial, legal, regulatory and technical issues, and to quickly recognize and respond to opportunities and emerging issues.
- Strong initiative and ownership for deliverables and deadlines as an individual contributor and as a leader overseeing direct reports, colleagues and outside vendors.
- Excellent project management skills to carry out multiple programs/projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to foster a collaborative team environment and develop direct reports to advance in the organization.
- Highly experienced at building effective working relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
- Able to travel as required and willingness to work in a 24/7 business environment.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Lisa B Willet | Employee | Communications | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 26962
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.