Marathon Oil is seeking a measurement analyst to provide support for measurement activities surrounding ongoing field development in all resource plays. The primary focus of this role is management and reporting of meter accuracy and efficiency with the utilization of the FlowCal application. The selected candidate will apply sound knowledge and technical skills in evaluating and managing production data within the FlowCal database.
The role will require close interfaces with measurement technicians, measurement supervisors, and field production data management technicians to help to optimize the quality and accuracy of production data. This position will also require working with various support teams in Houston to ensure efficient delivery of requested information. Effective communication and organization skills are a must. This role will also provide mentoring (~30-40% of the time) to the other analyst on the team.
This position will have daily/monthly analyst responsibilities (~40% of the time) and will also assist the FlowCal Supervisor with other ongoing special projects (~20-30% of the time).
- Carry out analysis and investigation of gain/loss variances on physical pipeline balances and work with Operations and Measurement Teams to resolve.
- Import and evaluate meter proving, meter calibration, and liquid and gas analyses to ensure data quality and conformance with contractual obligations.
- Run FlowCal exception resolver daily and work to resolve identified exceptions. This includes at a minimum DP, temperature, flow, density, drive gain, missing data, beta ratio, and calibration discrepancy reports.
- Provide guidance to the team on measurement issues concerning pipeline customers, allocation, accounting, and other third parties.
- Oversee data tracking and analysis of measurement data such as equipment, meter characteristics, gas and liquid quality, etc.
- Review and edit hourly and/or daily gas and liquid volume data from meters to identify and correct erroneous, invalid, and questionable data, thus assuring that measurement data sent to customers and accounting department is accurate.
- Responsible for daily editing of all gas and liquid production volumes that cannot be recovered by using 3rd party customer data, historical data, or flow patterns.
- Ensure daily and monthly volume edits are uploading to Marathon’s accounting database.
- Oversee FlowCal operation and database maintenance procedures.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication on measurement and product validation activities.
- Assist with measurement system enhancement projects, system testing, documentation and training.
- Troubleshoot measurement deficiencies with supervisor, field personnel, and accounting groups.
- Work independently with minimal guidance.
- Capable of multi-tasking numerous projects and working within deadlines.
- Working knowledge of API, AGA, and BLM standards.
- Capable of creating or maintaining reports to assist in optimizing daily task.
Capable of testing, implementing, and training on new FlowCal, TESTit and PROVEit patches.
Education: High school diploma (or equivalent)
Experience: Minimum 2 years oil and gas production experience
Computer Skills: Proficiency with the Microsoft suit of products and intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills required.
Travel: Possible 1 field visit per year
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, planning, and organizing skills.
- Excellent documentation skills required to support analysis and problem resolution.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in use of FlowCal products.
- A thorough understanding of FlowCal database, TESTit, PROVEit, Procount, Spotfire, SCADA, and other field measurement software, including extensive experience in the hands on operation of these systems for measurement applications.
- Understanding of oil, gas, and water measurement field practices, sampling and analysis, metering principles and measurement technology.
- Experience in system and plant reconciliation, end of month closeout, balance report creation and management, report distribution, customer volume import and export, and 3rd party variance and reconciliation reporting.
Bachelor’s level degree (Computer Science or Business Admin preferred).
Experience with data analytic tools.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Field and Drilling Operations || || 30656 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Computer Science, Pipeline, Data Management, ERP, Database, Technology, Energy, Data
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.